Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?

Go down 
+4
Lady Draconian
vanessaweber
Hapfairy
Will
8 posters

Mark or Simone?
Mark Jansen
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_vote_lcap35%Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
Simone Simons
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_vote_lcap65%Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Empty
PostSubject: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:08 am

I made a list below, but I personally prefer Simone's lyrics. Very Happy Mark's lyrics are also great, though.

• Mark:

"Sensorium" (The Phantom Agony)
    "Cry for the Moon" (The Phantom Agony)
    "Feint" (The Phantom Agony)
    "Facade of Reality" (The Phantom Agony)
    "Run for a Fall" (The Phantom Agony)
    "Seif al Din" (The Phantom Agony)
    "The Phantom Agony" (The Phantom Agony)
    "Hunab K'u" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "The Last Crusade" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Mother of Light" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Another Me" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Consign To Oblivion" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Indigo" (The Divine Conspiracy)
    "The Obsessive Devotion" (The Divine Conspiracy [co-written with Ad]
    "Menace of Vanity" (The Divine Conspiracy)
    "Fools of Damnation" (The Divine Conspiracy)
    "Beyond Belief" (The Divine Conspiracy) [co-written with Ad]
    "Safeguard To Pardise" (Never Enough/The Divine Conspiracy)
    "The Divine Conspiracy" (The Divine Conspriacy)
    "Samadhi" (Design Your Universe)
    "Resign to Surrender" (Design Your Universe)
    "Martyr of the Free Word" (Design Your Universe)
    "Kingdom of Heaven" (Design Your Univere)
    "Semblance of Liberty" (Design Your Universe)
    "Design Your Universe" (Design YOur Universe)
    "Incentive" (Design Your Universe)
    "The Fallacy" (The Road To Paradiso)

• Simone:

"Adyta" (The Phantom Agony)
    "Illusive Consensus" (The Phantom Agony)
    "Dance of Fate" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Solitary Ground" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Blank Infinity" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Force of the Shore" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Quietus" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Trois Verges" (Consign To Oblivion)
    "Linger" (Consign To Oblivion/The Road To Paradiso/Quietus)
    "Never Enough" (The Divine Conspriacy) [co-written with Ad]
    "Death of a Dream" (The Divine Conspiracy) [co-written with Ad]
    "Sancta Terra" (The Divine Conspiracy)
    "Higher High" (The Divine Conspiracy)
    "Unleashed" (Design Your Universe)
    "Our Destiny" (Design Your Universe)
    "Burn to a Cinder" (Design Your Universe)
    "Tides of Time" (Design Your Universe)
    "Deconstruct" (Design Your Universe)
    "White Waters" (Design Your Universe)

• Co-written together:

"Chasing the Dragon" (The Divine Conspiracy)
    "Living a Lie" (The Divine Conspiracy)

Last edited by Will on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:19 am

I think I prefer Simone's too, if we're thinking purely about lyrics. Smile I find them more poetic and beautiful - Mark's tend to be very angry and political, which can get to be a bit much sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
vanessaweber
Treasure
Treasure
vanessaweber

Female
Number of posts : 5875
Humor : Chuck Norris
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania!!!! Draconian, Withcbreed, Bare Infinity, The Agonist, Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever, Mandragora Scream, Elysion, How Like A Winter and so many more
Your Band Name : Layla's Lullaby
Member Points :
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Simone's lyrics are more touching.

I adore White Waters and Deconstruct Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:35 pm

I can't choose. I love both styles of their writting.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Number of posts : 885
Humor : Sick and twisted.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation / Lacuna Coil / Draconian / Tristania / Mortal Love / Katra / Leaves Eyes' / Diablo Swing Orchestra / Sirenia / Nightwish / Therion / Tarja
Member Points :
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:53 pm

Think I will stay away from voting too. I love the anger of Mark's lyrics as much as the sheer beauty of Simone's. It would be blasphemy to choose. xO
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/RinaSpk
EmptyEyes
The Escapist
The Escapist
EmptyEyes

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation, Edenbridge, Epica, Delain, Elis, Draconian, Nightwish, Sirenia, Visions Of Atlantis, Xandria, Pythia, Leaves' Eyes, Midnattsol, Closterkeller, Villieläin, lots more...
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Definitely Simone's. More emotional for me, anyways.
Back to top Go down
DonGiro
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 27
Humor : I find humor in most things...
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation
Member Points :

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:53 pm

I voted for Simone...

BUT...take a look at the credits in the liner notes on the "Requiem..." CD: "Additional Lyrics by Amanda Somerville." I'm willing to bet that Amanda writes a majority of Epica's lyrics. Simone's lyrics sometimes seem WAY too "deep" to have been written by someone whose primary language ISN'T English...
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:11 am

Hmm, it's interesting. I know she's credited as a lyrical editor for a lot of bands, which I assume means she helps to make things fit the music better and probably makes sure the lyrics make sense for those bands that don't have English a first language. I'm not sure she could've written the majority of the lyrics because then they would legally have to give her credit on each song I would've thought (not to mention royalties) - however I have often noticed the disparity between Epica's sophisticated lyrics and the English they use every day when blogging and so on (though the same is true of all of us I imagine Razz). I think Amanda definitely gives them a lot of help.
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Number of posts : 2627
Humor : fucked up
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Autumn, Kells, Lacuna Coil
Member Points :

Registration date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:38 pm

I love the beauty in Simone's lyrics, but I actually prefer Mark's writing. It usually makes me sit back and think a little.
Back to top Go down
http://tender-trip-on-earth.tumblr.com
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Number of posts : 885
Humor : Sick and twisted.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation / Lacuna Coil / Draconian / Tristania / Mortal Love / Katra / Leaves Eyes' / Diablo Swing Orchestra / Sirenia / Nightwish / Therion / Tarja
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:53 pm

DonGiro wrote:
I voted for Simone...

BUT...take a look at the credits in the liner notes on the "Requiem..." CD: "Additional Lyrics by Amanda Somerville." I'm willing to bet that Amanda writes a majority of Epica's lyrics. Simone's lyrics sometimes seem WAY too "deep" to have been written by someone whose primary language ISN'T English...

Hey, it is possible to have a skill in English like this even if it's not your primary language...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/RinaSpk
EmptyEyes
The Escapist
The Escapist
EmptyEyes

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation, Edenbridge, Epica, Delain, Elis, Draconian, Nightwish, Sirenia, Visions Of Atlantis, Xandria, Pythia, Leaves' Eyes, Midnattsol, Closterkeller, Villieläin, lots more...
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 pm

whorehoundine wrote:
DonGiro wrote:
I voted for Simone...

Hey, it is possible to have a skill in English like this even if it's not your primary language...
Maybe Amanda does the grammar-checking? But I do agree with Karina; maybe she does have that kind of skill. Lots of people write really, really well in their second/third/umpteenth languages.
Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:39 am

I honestly don't doubt those are Simone's lyrics. Just watch an interview with her, she speaks English fluently and with confidence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?   Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whose lyrics do you like better, Mark or Simone?
Page 1 of 1