Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How long have you been a fan?

Go down 
+24
tender-trip-on-earth
Piotrek
whorehoundine
vanessaweber
Ethereal90
Hapfairy
magnoly
Mitternacht
SnowRaven
soulwolf
Farwen.
GhostOfCosmos
Wyld_stallyon
Gaia
Fenrir
YönKuningatar
nata
Phoenix
Marit
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
NocturnalConcerto
helenaistheomelette
Lady Draconian
EnaGothic
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Number of posts : 4752
Humor : Bwahahaha
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

How long have you been a fan? Empty
PostSubject: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:43 am

I am NW fan for 4-5 years now
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/enaanette
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:52 am

I've been a fan since late 2006 so just over 2 years.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
helenaistheomelette
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
helenaistheomelette

Female
Number of posts : 4470
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:15 pm

I've been a fan two and a half years Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:24 pm

4 years
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 6329
Humor : Cry With A Smile :`)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica,Tristania & Within Temptation
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:36 am

Lady Draconian wrote:
I've been a fan since late 2006 so just over 2 years.
Me too Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com
Marit
The Escapist
The Escapist
Marit

Female
Number of posts : 1040
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 am

a bit longer than 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Lost
Lost
Phoenix

Female
Number of posts : 16
Humor : crazy:)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish,Tarja,After Forever,Elis,Xandria,Within Temptation,Epica,Lacuna Coil,Theatres des vampires.......
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:05 am

3 or 4 years...
Back to top Go down
http://vkontakte.ru/id14152635?96761
nata
Head Up High
Head Up High
nata

Female
Number of posts : 114
Humor : In very large doses.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Leave's Eyes, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Under construction. Nooo, I don't mean that's the band's name, I mean the name is still being worked on!
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:11 pm

since i heard "the phantom of the opera", which is a looong long time ago
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rodopetala
YönKuningatar
Lost
Lost
YönKuningatar

Female
Number of posts : 9
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Villieläin, Nightwish, Forever Slave
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:17 am

I've been fan since the year 1998. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Lost
Lost

Female
Number of posts : 8
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Not a fan of the new singer at all, but Old Nightwish I got into them around Century Child release
Back to top Go down
http://www.metaltavern.com
Gaia
Head Up High
Head Up High
Gaia

Female
Number of posts : 153
Humor : Wishful
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : My really fav is Within Temptation <3..Then i love LE and ToT.
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:46 pm

2 years and a half.
Back to top Go down
Wyld_stallyon
Webmaster
Webmaster
Wyld_stallyon

Male
Number of posts : 4659
Humor : "I love trigonometry" "Why" "Oh, you know... Just cos"
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Nightwish and Within Temptation
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 pm

About half a year... I know, I'm a musical n00b Razz

I've known about them longer though, I think since Tayla let me listen to her MP3 back in year 9 (2 years ago) but I've only really been a fan since I looked them up on last.fm after seeing Ena's graphics.
Back to top Go down
http://splood.tumblr.com
GhostOfCosmos
The Escapist
The Escapist
GhostOfCosmos

Female
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : Unusually dry.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:21 am

Around a year and a half.
Back to top Go down
http://thirtyxanatospileup.tumblr.com/
Farwen.
Lost
Lost
Farwen.

Female
Number of posts : 16
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:08 pm

First time I bought a band-themed T-shirt(well, I don`t know how to explain it in other words), it was a Nightwish one, ofc, back in 2004. I used to love them at that moment, because they were enchanting.
I felt in love with Tarja at first, because she was mystical and oh-so-beautiful. My first true love was "Nemo" and my heart still skips a beat when I hear it. Well, whatever, now I don`t listen to Nightwish at all. I`ve listened to their "Dark Passion Play", but I don`t find it amazing or something. Just plain boring.
Back to top Go down
http://farwen.wordpress.com
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Member Points :

Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Just to tell that through Nightwish I discovered metal universe
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
soulwolf
Lost
Lost
soulwolf

Male
Number of posts : 2
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Elis (only with Sabine Düncer)
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:08 am

I hear them for first time when I was 10 years old and I´m a fan 5 years ago
Back to top Go down
SnowRaven
Lost
Lost
SnowRaven

Male
Number of posts : 1
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Sirenia
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:12 am

I've been a fan since 2000 with the release of Wishmaster. And it is still one of their best studio albums.
Back to top Go down
Mitternacht
Lost
Lost
Mitternacht

Female
Number of posts : 44
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Old Nightwish , Tarja Turunen, Epica, Leaves' Eyes, Luna Obscura, Within Temptation ,After Forever .......
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:31 pm

I've been a fan from 5 years ....but only a fan of the old nightwish
Back to top Go down
magnoly
The Escapist
The Escapist
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : EPICA

Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Something like 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
How long have you been a fan? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100How long have you been a fan? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Bit of a weird story for me. In 2002 a friend of mine kept sending me songs from Century Child (I think the first one was End Of All Hope). I kept trying to listen to them but I'd never heard metal or anything like Tarja's voice before and I found it really weird Razz

So I totally forgot about them until someone lent me Dark Passion Play in 2007... and I was like WTF is this awesomeness? Very Happy I loved it so much that I got someone to copy me their entire back catalogue (I'm in the process of buying the CDs now though Smile). Then I started to fall in love with Tarja's singing...

Now I prefer Tarja to Anette, but it was Anette who really got me into Nightwish. So I am grateful. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
Ethereal90
Come Closer
Come Closer
Ethereal90

Male
Number of posts : 494
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica, Theatres des Vampires, Lacuna Coil, Elysion, Amaranthe, The Agonist
Member Points :

Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 pm

About since 2005 when I first heard Nemo.
Back to top Go down
vanessaweber
Treasure
Treasure
vanessaweber

Female
Number of posts : 5875
Humor : Chuck Norris
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania!!!! Draconian, Withcbreed, Bare Infinity, The Agonist, Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever, Mandragora Scream, Elysion, How Like A Winter and so many more
Your Band Name : Layla's Lullaby
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:55 am

I'm a fairly late fan. I became one in like mid 2008 when I was barely thirteen. But it took me a while. The first NW song I heard was Amaranth and I hated it. Then I tried Sleeping Sun and I also hated it. I also noticed the Anette vs. Tarja debate on youtube comments and I was confused...hating the idea of a change in singers and all of it, so I wanted nothing to do with Nightwish...lol.

Then, a few weeks later, I heard Dead Boy's Poem and I almost cried. Then, I gave the other songs a listen and I immediately liked all of it, trying out a few songs from itunes and loving all of it. I got used to the change in style from my norma music tastes. Having only one other symphonic metal band experience (WT was my first!) After a while, I loved all of the songs, and I grew to love Sleeping Sun and Amaranth, then I was hooked. Been hooked ever since.
Back to top Go down
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Number of posts : 885
Humor : Sick and twisted.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation / Lacuna Coil / Draconian / Tristania / Mortal Love / Katra / Leaves Eyes' / Diablo Swing Orchestra / Sirenia / Nightwish / Therion / Tarja
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:48 pm

11 years, I was introduced to them by my dad 3 months before Wishmaster came out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/RinaSpk
Piotrek
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 67
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish (with Tarja), Epica, After Forever
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Ethereal90 wrote:
About since 2005 when I first heard Nemo.

Same here. Say what you want about "Nemo" being too catchy, simplistic, etc, but I bet that it won many new fans for Nightwish.
Back to top Go down
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Number of posts : 2627
Humor : fucked up
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Autumn, Kells, Lacuna Coil
Member Points :

Registration date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 pm

I came into the Nightwish fandom at an awkward time. It was in 2006. After Tarja, but before Anette. So naturally I fell in love with Tarja's voice. Then Eva was released in 2007 and I listened to it on the internet. I was really confused by it because the voice was so different. I thought it was a very pretty song, but I wasn't entirely sure of my feelings on the new singer yet. Then DPP was released and I was still too much of a Tarja fan to be fair about it. I really liked Anette, but I still had that "no one can be better than Tarja" sense of mind. I kept listening and listening to the album and one day realized that I could sing through the entire album without lyrics. I couldn't say that about other Nightwish albums. Slowly I grew to love Anette more and more. Now she's pretty much my favorite singer ever. . . Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tender-trip-on-earth.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long have you been a fan?   How long have you been a fan? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How long have you been a fan?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next