Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Requiem for the Indifferent

Go down 
+5
Lady Draconian
whorehoundine
vanessaweber
Will
Hapfairy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 am

Hapfairy wrote:
The UK's "albums must be released on a Monday" law strikes again... sounds like I won't be getting it until after everyone else, as usual...

Hey, America is slightly worse, we have to have our album's released on a Tuesday! Very Happy

Anyway, definitely gonna purchase the album!!! I heard the leak of the album, and it's their best album so far!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
ImplosiveIvory
Head Up High
Head Up High
ImplosiveIvory

Female
Number of posts : 237
Humor : "Knock, Knock Anybody Homo?"
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Flowing Tears Epica Draconian
Member Points :
Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:28 pm

I've only listened to Storm The Sorrow and to me it seems a bit dull, incomplete. Loved the album cover right from the start though.
Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:44 pm

ImplosiveIvory wrote:
I've only listened to Storm The Sorrow and to me it seems a bit dull, incomplete. Loved the album cover right from the start though.
I think that's the worst song on the album, personally. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Number of posts : 2627
Humor : fucked up
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Autumn, Kells, Lacuna Coil
Member Points :
Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 pm

I really can't wait to hear it! I have been trying to stay away from leaks, because I really want to enjoy the album in its fullest for the first time when it comes out here in the US. Unfortunately, I ordered from Nuclear Blast and I'm not sure if I'll get it the day it comes out. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://tender-trip-on-earth.tumblr.com
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm starting to get really annoyed with pre-orders too! What's the point if you don't get it on the day of release? Epica's not supposed to be out until Monday but HMV are selling it already - if I hadn't pre-ordered from Amazon I could've just got it Sad argh.
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
LadyNightfall
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
LadyNightfall

Female
Number of posts : 3019
Humor : Muhaha
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Xandria, Leaves' Eyes, Lyriel, Liv Moon, Evenoir, After Forever
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:14 pm

I've never done a pre-order before but this time I pre-ordered from Nuclear Blast too because I wanted to have the mailorder edition Rolling Eyes The album was released on Friday in Austria and I didn't get my copy. Really Angry What annoys me most is the fact that some people who ordered from Nuclear Blast already got their CD on Friday.

It seems the CD is a misprint though. They used the instrumental version of Serenade of Self-Destruction instead of the actual song with vocals Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:40 pm

It's a big mess up on their NB's part.
I listened to the album, and to be honest Simone's vocals have improved so much but to me the album as a whole seems lacking in something and incomplete. The songs don't seem to flow like all the previous albums.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
alusinai
Lost
Lost
alusinai

Female
Number of posts : 95
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : - Nightwish
- Epica
- Within Temptation
Member Points :

Registration date : 2012-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 am

I'm getting my copy on Tuesday! I can't wait to listen to it! I generally don't like ordering things online, so I'm going on a 40 minute long bus adventure instead. Razz
Back to top Go down
ImplosiveIvory
Head Up High
Head Up High
ImplosiveIvory

Female
Number of posts : 237
Humor : "Knock, Knock Anybody Homo?"
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Flowing Tears Epica Draconian
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 pm

A 40 minute drive to just get a physical copy! Now THAT is a hard core music fan! xD Razz
Back to top Go down
LadyNightfall
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
LadyNightfall

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Xandria, Leaves' Eyes, Lyriel, Liv Moon, Evenoir, After Forever
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Yay my Mailorder Edition arrived to today and now I'm finally listening to the new songs. Super happy After the first listen I like Requiem For The Indifferent, Internal Warfare and Monopoly On Truth a lot. Also the bonus track Nostalgia is really nice. But it's probably too early to choose a favorite, I need to give it a few more spins.

And I need to listen to the right version of Serenade Of Self-Distruction since I only have the instrumental version. Sad
Back to top Go down
alusinai
Lost
Lost
alusinai

Female
- Epica
- Within Temptation
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 am

ImplosiveIvory wrote:
A 40 minute drive to just get a physical copy! Now THAT is a hard core music fan! xD Razz

Haha, I just got home actually. Very Happy

I'm listening to Requiem for the Indifferent right now, and I'm really enjoying it. It always takes me a few listens to get a proper feel for an album.

It seems careless on NB's part for overlooking the missing vocals on Serenade of Self-Distruction. I have the proper version of the song, so I guess it was just in Europe? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Member Points :
Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:47 pm

My digibook just arrived, it's so beautiful!

Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 Tumblr_m0vmx0sBpZ1qglonbo1_500

^ I think the missing vocals were only on the box set edition, but I'll have to check if they're on mine or not.

Edit: Oh dear! It seems it is missing on the digibook as well. Mine has no Simone/Mark vocals, only choirs and spoken bits! Fail!
Back to top Go down
LadyNightfall
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
LadyNightfall

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:20 pm

The cover of the Digibook is indeed beautiful, they did a really great job on that I love you

The missing vocals are not just on the Mailorder Edition, they are also on the some Digibooks, don't know about the Jewel Case Version. But it seems to depend on the country you live in, since the US version seems to have the right track with vocals.
Back to top Go down
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Number of posts : 2627
Humor : fucked up
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Autumn, Kells, Lacuna Coil
Member Points :

Registration date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:23 pm

I know the iTunes version has the vocals, at least it does here in the US. I ordered from Nuclear Blast, but haven't got that copy yet. Impatiently, I went ahead with the iTunes version, because it wasn't so much money. You might want to try downloading that. The song should be available for individual download.
Back to top Go down
http://tender-trip-on-earth.tumblr.com
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:48 pm

I got a free Amazon song download for buying the CD so might try that if Nuclear Blast don't send a free one out!

It's a shame... I mean, I pretty much never like an album on the first listen, and the song that jumped out at me as being awesome happens to be the one with no vocals!
Back to top Go down
LadyNightfall
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
LadyNightfall

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Yeah iTunes has the song with vocals but I'll be waiting a few more days for a reaction of NB before I'm going to buy it. iTunes even has Twin Flames as a bonus track so I was going to buy it but it says I can only download the song when I'm buying the whole album! What kind of sense does that make??? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Aha! I emailed NB and they have linked me to this page with an apology and free download of Serenade of Self Destruction:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/data/bands/epica/releases/track-download.html
Back to top Go down
alusinai
Lost
Lost
alusinai

Female
- Epica
- Within Temptation
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Actually, my track is the instrumental version too, so I guess it's all the CDs. I don't know how I could have possibly missed that on my first listen, but I was really tired yesterday. Maybe I dreamt it. >.<

At least NB did something about it. The part about it being a collector's item made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:24 pm

It takes me bloody ages to be able to tell but I think I'll really like this album Very Happy keep hearing new awesome things on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Requiem for the Indifferent   Requiem for the Indifferent - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Requiem for the Indifferent
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2