Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We Are The Others

Go down 
+10
Will
ImplosiveIvory
EmptyEyes
whorehoundine
Sorcha
vanessaweber
Lady Draconian
shizumaru
Hapfairy
Universe
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
We Are The Others - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100We Are The Others - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

We Are The Others - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Lol I'm exactly the same but with Lucidity XD sometimes I think it can be to do with which album you heard first. I tend to prefer the album I first heard of most bands (e.g. The Heart of Everything, Dark Passion Play) and those are generally the ones people don't like as much when they've been fans for longer!
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
LadyNightfall
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
LadyNightfall

Female
Number of posts : 3019
Humor : Muhaha
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Xandria, Leaves' Eyes, Lyriel, Liv Moon, Evenoir, After Forever
Member Points :
We Are The Others - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100We Are The Others - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:44 pm

No Sophie you're not the only one that prefers April Rain. I think it sounds much more like an acutal band, while Lucidity sounds more like a studio project. There wasn't enough space for Charlotte to show her skills. I do love Marco's contribution on both albums though, his voice goes so well with Charlotte's. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
We Are The Others - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100We Are The Others - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:26 pm

I have to say for all the criticism this albumn is getting for not being "heavy enough" and being "less than expected" it is still FUCKING BRILLIANT.

It is much darker and heavier than both previous albums, Charlotte's voice has improved lots on this album, and not to mention the production is wonderful. The songs themselves are much better structured, and the electronic elements in the album are just simply lush.
Also, the collaboration with Burton C. Bell - such a great choice!
The lack of Marco has seen alot of people complaining, but to be honest I think this album didn't need Marco on it - as wonderful as his voice is I think it would've of taken from this album more than it could give, as opposed to April Rain where it was a nice contrast with the lighter atmosphere.

From the album my faves at the moment are Milk & Honey, Where Is The Blood and Are You Done With Me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Member Points :
We Are The Others - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100We Are The Others - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 am

It still sucks that they didn't get Marco in though, because they wanted him but the record company said no. If they hadn't even asked him to do it I wouldn't mind...
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Since I've heard WATO now, I have to heartily agree with Tayla! The album is awesome. I've reviewed it here and I think it will be up on the Extras site too soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
We Are The Others - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100We Are The Others - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm just fixing a few bug then it'll be up with some other reviews. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
BFW
Lost
Lost

Number of posts : 2
Member Points :
We Are The Others - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100We Are The Others - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-10-14

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 3:18 pm

I've seen them live a couple of weeks ago, very nice show! Rocking
Back to top Go down
ianf666
Head Up High
Head Up High
ianf666

Male
Number of posts : 131
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : TRIAXIS
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 5:39 pm

They are a great live band .... glad to hear you enjoyed the show Don \m/

We Are The Others is a great album ..... my fave Delain album to date and one of my Top 5 'Metal' Albums of 2012 !!!
Back to top Go down
ianf666
Head Up High
Head Up High
ianf666

Male
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Just for the record .... does anyone think that Delain deserve to be moved from 'The Underlings' to 'The Populars' ???
Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
We Are The Others - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100We Are The Others - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:42 pm

ianf666 wrote:
Just for the record .... does anyone think that Delain deserve to be moved from 'The Underlings' to 'The Populars' ???
I believe they were actually in The Populars, but got moved in favor of Leaves' Eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
ianf666
Head Up High
Head Up High
ianf666

Male
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks for the info Will...... deffo time to move them back at the expense of Leaves' Eyes \m/

Delain had a great 2012, a top new album and a successful tour which included an appearance at the world famous Wacken Metal Fest !!! Looking forward to more from the band in 2013 !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Others   We Are The Others - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Are The Others
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muses Of Metal :: The Big Names :: Delain-
Jump to: