Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?

Go down 
+15
magnoly
nata
Phoenix
looveWTandNW
helenaistheomelette
NocturnalConcerto
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
EnaGothic
firestorm
KellieBent
PaleEnchantress
Frozen_Angel
Lawliet
Universe
Lady Draconian
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Right or Wrong?
Right To
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_vote_lcap58%Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 26 ]
Wrong To
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_vote_lcap31%Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 14 ]
Not Sure
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_vote_lcap11%Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:27 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:29 am

I'm going to have to say that Nightwish was right too. If the band members were so unhappy with Tarja that they no longer enjoy playing together than yes. I'm not a member of the band and there is no way for me to know what really happen between them and Tarja but if they felt they could only go on without her that the most I can do is sit back and support their personal choice.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:08 pm

I said 'Wrong To' because of many things I've heard. Something tells me that there was more to the story than what was publicised in my mind. If they are happy with the decision then so be it. It's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:36 pm

Lady Draconian wrote:
I said 'Wrong To' because of many things I've heard. Something tells me that there was more to the story than what was publicised in my mind. If they are happy with the decision then so be it. It's just my opinion.

I think there was more too. I think there was something between Tuomas and Tarja.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:51 pm

And2DieIsEasy wrote:
Lady Draconian wrote:

I think there was more too. I think there was something between Tuomas and Tarja.

That is exactly what I thought and have heard... my cousin used to work for a record company...
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, I think when a band is unhappy with a member, that member cannot stay there, but since they sent that letter for everyone, I hate Tuomas and his band. I think it wasn't a good way to say to her that they didn't want her singing for NW.
Back to top Go down
Universe
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Universe

Male
Number of posts : 4460
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica, Mandragora Scream, In Silentio Noctis, Amaranthe, 2 Times Terror, HB, UnSun, Eilera, Darzamat, Kivimetsän Druidi, Villieläin, Depressed Mode
Your Band Name : EneUniverse
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Yes if Tarja was the bitch they say
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Lawliet
Lost
Lost
Lawliet

Number of posts : 39
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 8:39 pm

I think it was the right decision.
It's clear that there were tensions between Tarja and the rest of the band. From what I've read from exacts in the official book, it seems that (I sorry to say) Tarja was getting a little big for her boots. She only wanted to do one more album, it seems clear that her heart just wasn't in it anymore.

Marcelo was obviously another factor, according to the book he demanded more money for tours (including the support for Iron Maiden) which subsequently lead to the bands cancelation. Tarja apparently wasn't even aware of this. Obviously this will piss off any band.

As for the whole 'Tuomas was in love with Tarja, but she rejected him' argument, I personally think it's entirely fiction & invented by the fans.
Back to top Go down
Frozen_Angel
Lost
Lost
Frozen_Angel

Female
Number of posts : 36
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : after forever
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Key wrote:
I think it wasn't a good way to say to her that they didn't want her singing for NW.

well said! that's why i am so angry with tuomas. it's obvious that he and tarja had problems between them.... he didn't solve them in a propriate way... an open letter is not a good solution. tarja crying in front of the press is not a good view.... tarja was about to live all of them admits that fact. she wanted to make a solo career. she gave them time to find a new singer but they didn't search. they prefered all that drama. but tarja was about to live all the members knew that. she wanted to go solo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarjaturunengr.com
Lawliet
Lost
Lost
Lawliet

Number of posts : 39
Member Points :

Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:43 am

It seems a bit rich to me to say that you don't want to be in the band anymore, you want to do your own thing, but you intend to stick around for another year or so for the next album. If I were in the band I would have being showing her the door as well.

I also more or less agree with the open letter. For Tarja it was a clear indication of what the others (not just Tuomas, it was signed by Emppu, Jukka, and Marco remember) were feeling. It seems like they were past sitting down and discussing the problem(s). I also don't see a problem with Tarja being asked to leave, Tuomas after all asked her to join the band, surely he could do the opposite as well.

And I can see why the letter was made public for the fans. It's so we would know the reasons why. So there wouldn't be endless speculation and rumors. I kind of admire them for sticking their necks out like that, negative remarks about Tarja would certainly have been risky, and no doubt did cost them a lot of fans.
Back to top Go down
PaleEnchantress
Come Closer
Come Closer
PaleEnchantress

Female
Number of posts : 364
Humor : euphoric
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica
Member Points :

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:33 pm

wrong to

they ruined themself
Back to top Go down
http://rigoleoteam.weebly.com
KellieBent
Lost
Lost

Female
Number of posts : 46
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:35 pm

I think they were right to. If they felt that strongly it needed to be done then yes they were right to.

After reading the book I have an even better understanding of why they did it and why they did it by the letter.

They weren't talking to each other, well Emppu was still talking to Tarja and I think if they didnt fire her the whole band would of been miserable, would of barely toured because Tarja didnt want to and they could of possibly split up for good.

I think Marcelo had a bit to do with it, he didnt seem to tell Tarja everything and I guess it caused even greater seperation between them all.

I dont mean to blame anyone, I mean the guys played their part as they were unable to talk things through.

It happened and we cant dwell on it forever. It was right for them.
Back to top Go down
firestorm
Lost
Lost

Number of posts : 72
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:05 am

I'm going to avoid voting on the poll because it's not precise enough for what I think (I posted a related opinion on the Tarja vs Annette thread).

To repeat, I don't have a problem in itself with Tarja being sacked (it's hardly anything new - for example Ozzy Osbourne was once sacked by the other members of Black Sabbath though admittedly for a complete different set of reasons).

Maybe she acted like a bitch.
Maybe Marcelo spoke on her behalf without her prior knowledge.
Maybe Tuomas was in love with Tarja and sacked her out of spite.
Maybe Tarja conspired with Elvis Presley to assassinate JFK.

My problem is with the fact how badly Nightwish handled the whole affair. By all means post an open letter to let fans know the situation but IMO you tell the band member first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/firestorm_media
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Number of posts : 4752
Humor : Bwahahaha
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:06 am

I think they were right..
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/enaanette
KellieBent
Lost
Lost

Female
Number of posts : 46
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:51 pm

The letter was published on the website on the 23rd and she opened the letter on the 22nd so she would of read it first and it stopped all rumors about why she was fired or if she was fired or just left by herself.

I wont post on the Tarja or Anette topic. I love them both and I dont think theres much need to carry on comparing them. it's old now.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 6329
Humor : Cry With A Smile :`)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica,Tristania & Within Temptation
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:50 am

^I agree,Kellie i hate the comparisions beween them Mad
Well i`m not sure if they were right or wrong.Maybe Tarja was acting wrong or just Tuomas didn`t like her voice anymore not sure Laughing
Anyway,overall Anette is good for NW Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:24 am

PaleEnchantress wrote:
wrong to

they ruined themself

They didn't ruin themself. The music is same , the power , the lyrics. Tuomas is their boss! He created Nightwish!
And he choose Anette to be Tarja's replacement! Anette returned NW!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:00 pm

I think it`s just a matter of opinions
And I agree with Ena,the music the lyrics and the passion is simply the same and unique as it always was.Just..the vocalist is diffrent,and some of us may like her some not,again matter of taste.Personally I think Anette is very diffrent than Tarja but her voiuce is very sweet and beautiful and I think it fits with the music.Am I wrong? Laughing
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:39 pm

No! You're not wrong.
Everyone's different! And me , and you , and people on this forum , and Anette , and Tarja!
Tarja is operatic vocal and Anette is more metal-rock singer.
Both are awesome
I agree with Cris
"the music the lyrics and the passion is simply the same and unique as it always was"

Everything the same , just the vocals are different (and for me better)
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Yes I agree,Anette gives just a diffrent dimenssion to the songs,I won`t see anything wrong in that.But again,people have opinions...
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:37 pm

Yes , and many are judging her just 'cause this f****** stylist changed her clothes.
(But she didn't wear that clothes. She had goth-rock look in Alyson Avenue , NW(at beginning , and now...damn that stylist is evil!!!!)

Cris...we are spamming again

I'll stop now
Back to top Go down
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:01 am

For me is yes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
helenaistheomelette
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
helenaistheomelette

Female
Number of posts : 4470
Member Points :
Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:18 pm

I'm voting they were Right To. If the band was so unhappy with the way Tarja was acting then they should have done something and they did by firing her Wink
Back to top Go down
looveWTandNW
Lost
Lost
looveWTandNW

Female
Number of posts : 66
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica
Your Band Name : Morningstar
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Right to! When I watch "End of an Era" DVD and some concerts in 2004 we see that some thing its not great! There's no comparation with the Nightwish that we see in 2000
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/looveWTandNW
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:59 pm

^I have to agree with that.Tarja sounded better in the Oceanborn/Wishmaster eras because the "classical" style suits her better,but since Century Child she uses more chest voice,while she sounds way better in her head voice and she was also sick during 2003 and 2005 so she didn't sound that good as she used too.But now she sounds defintely great on her solo album Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja?   Do You Think Nightwish Was Right By Firing Tarja? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next