Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IMAGINAERUM

Go down 
+10
whorehoundine
Piotrek
Sauronette
Lady Draconian
Will
Sorcha
vanessaweber
magnoly
EnaGothic
Hapfairy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyNightfall
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
LadyNightfall

Female
Number of posts : 3019
Humor : Muhaha
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Xandria, Leaves' Eyes, Lyriel, Liv Moon, Evenoir, After Forever
Member Points :
IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-04

IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:13 am

I bought my copy yesterday. This album will definately take a few listen to get into it. After listening to it for the first time I was quite disappointed, after another few listens I was like not so bad at all and another few listens later I was like this is awesome! Rocking

My favorite songs so far are Ghost River, I Want My Tears Back and Last Ride Of The Day. I'm still disappointed by Song Of Myself, I expected something different from it. The sung part is great but the talking in the end kinda ruined it. A bit of talking would have been okay but this is just way to long.

Maybe I got something wrong but didn't they say that Song Of Myself should be the longest song Nightwish ever made, but it's shorter than The Poet And The Pendulum!?
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 pm

I totally agree with you LadyNightfall! I'm glad I'm not the only person who didn't love it instantly Razz but it's definitely a grower I think. But yeah, I'm really not a fan of Song of Myself either, the talking is really annoying.

The reason it's not the longest song they've ever done though is because Song of Myself and Imaginaerum used to be one big song but they cut them in two.
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
LadyNightfall
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
LadyNightfall

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Xandria, Leaves' Eyes, Lyriel, Liv Moon, Evenoir, After Forever
Member Points :
IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks for the information Hapfairy, I must have missed it. Rolling Eyes
I'm glad they cut it, because Imaginaerum works very well on its own and you can skip the talking easier if you don't want to listen to it Razz

Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Member Points :
IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Yeah definitely, I think it would be weird if Imaginaerum was tagged on the end of Song of Myself. I really love Imaginaerum! <3
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:01 pm

I actually fell in love with this album straight away, although it's not a heavy in the metal department as Dark Passion Play the orchestrations and just the music on the whole and more overly developed and better fitting to Anette's voice.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Well I'm glad I've found at least two people who agree with me on the "it's hard to get into" thing because I was starting to question if I heard it wrong or something, lol
Back to top Go down
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Number of posts : 885
Humor : Sick and twisted.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation / Lacuna Coil / Draconian / Tristania / Mortal Love / Katra / Leaves Eyes' / Diablo Swing Orchestra / Sirenia / Nightwish / Therion / Tarja
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:45 am

My impressions are: it's great! I would say this is the best they've ever done in terms of vocals, as much as in DPP Anette left a lot of room for improvement imo, here she is showing a very skilled, versatile, world-class voice. I mean, could you imagine Tarja doing those dark, devilish vocals in Scaretale or this melodic, sexy, sultry perfection in Slow, Love, Slow? Certainly not. Marco doesn't disappoint either, his almost grunting vocals in Ghost River really surprised me, although he's obviously just top standard each time.

The songwriting is once again I think the best, too, although I feel it has been slightly killed by the production - everything is so perfect, so sterile, almost to a point where it takes away from the atmosphere of the CD. The songs are very dark, deep, and delicious, very versatile and full of bombastic choirs that add a lot. My favorites so far are Scaretale, Ghost River, Song of Myself (I happen to be one of those few that love the talking, I kind of relate to the text a lot :S), and Slow, Love, Slow. I don't like I want my tears back, a bit of a filler track for me with nothing special about it and Crow, Owl, Dove bores me as for the less favorite.

As for someone who knows the NW discography inside out, I think it's their darkest, most mature material, with a progressive metal touch. The songs are heavy, diverse and at times thought-provoking, and even though they may take their time for some people to get into, it will be a worthy experience. Out of 10 I'd give it a strong 8. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/RinaSpk
Piotrek
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 67
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish (with Tarja), Epica, After Forever
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 5:50 pm

OK, so I've finally listened to the physical CD for the first time today. Sounds really interesting, and I'm definitely going to spend much time listening to it.
Back to top Go down
MrNorbi
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 14
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica , The Agonist , Nightwish
Member Points :
IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 9:25 pm

IMAGINAERUM this album, a little pop.Historia, and the idea is not everything.
What counts is performance.
And now torments me question whether Nightwish has become a pseudo pop-metal band?
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Personally I think it is the least pop album Nightwish have ever done. It includes a vast range of styles (jazz, orchestral, folk) with atypical song structures, varied lyrics, even including a poem. I don't understand how anyone could see Imaginaerum as pop.
Back to top Go down
MrNorbi
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 14
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica , The Agonist , Nightwish
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:47 pm

storytime is not very strong metal song.
Music Video I like. My colleagues think so , That imag This little plate pop'owa.
Nightwish is a symphonic metal, not jazz folk , et cetera , et cetara ...
Greetings from Polish ; ).
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 pm

There are rumours flying about that Nightwish will tour the USA with Kamelot, but both parties have denied that anything has been arranged!

However I think it's pretty certain that there will be a Nightwish US tour towards the end of this year. Anette says in this post that they will be going there at some point:

IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Tumblr_m00ky6t7Dp1qcpgpxo1_500
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

The Nightwish US tour will be announced tomorrow according to several sources Smile
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U84fhOqqRBY The teaser trailer is out and it's AWESOME
Back to top Go down
LadyNightfall
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
LadyNightfall

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 pm

To be honest I didn't expect much from the movie, but that trailer looks amazing Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:20 pm

The trailer looks so good!
Back to top Go down
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Number of posts : 2627
Humor : fucked up
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Autumn, Kells, Lacuna Coil
Member Points :

Registration date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:22 pm

I literally cried from just that short trailer. I can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
http://tender-trip-on-earth.tumblr.com
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:21 pm

OMG!!! It looks amazing. Super happy Clapping
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 am

IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 Teaser_2-final

Solar Films website says the premiere will be on the 17th of August Smile
http://www.solarfilms.com/elokuvat/kaikki/imaginaerum/fi_FI/juliste/
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Tarja's birthday? Razz
Back to top Go down
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Autumn, Kells, Lacuna Coil
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:13 am

Oh my crows, that is Tarja's birthday! I wonder if that was on purpose? Probably not, but still!
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm

http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvviihde/20121016013457077_a2.shtml

THE TRAILER HAS LANDED
AND IT IS AWESOME
Back to top Go down
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Asdfghjkl it's so beautiful I need this movie now!!
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:00 pm

The release date for the DVD/Blu-ray is May 31st as long as all goes to plan! You can already order it on Amazon Germany but I don't think it's up on any other sites yet.
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 pm

The film is available to pre-order in a few places now! Amazon Germany has some, as well as the Official Nightwish shop and Nuclear Blast.

http://shop.nightwish.com/en/shop/imaginaerum+by+nightwish Nightwish shop are doing bundles with t-shirts, and the first 300 orders get free badges

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/shop/artikel/gruppen/51000.1.no-label.html?article_group_sort_type_handle=article_no_desc&custom_keywords=NIGHTWISH Nuclear Blast are selling steelbook editions and a special numbered mail order edition with a puzzle (lol) These seem to have a release date of a month later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMAGINAERUM   IMAGINAERUM - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMAGINAERUM
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next