Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tarja news and updates

Go down 
+14
Horrible Histories
magnoly
Sorcha
Protection
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Sanguine_Divine
7thSaviour
sweet sorrow
helenaistheomelette
Marit
Mariel
Universe
Lady Draconian
NocturnalConcerto
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-28

Tarja news and updates Empty
PostSubject: News about the new album   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:52 pm

My friends,

Happy 2009!

In the last months I’ve been writing a lot of music for my new album.

It has been a pleasure for me to work with great talents like Kiko, Michelle, Mattias, Anders, Torsten, Angela, Adrian, Alex, Eric, Alex, Chisu, Johan, Harry, Hanne, Martin and Bart.

Song writing is always an amazing learning experience and it has been a pleasure to discus music with different people.

The album process is still going on and I have more songs that are in the working. It is sounding very promising. The songs are absolutely more mature, wild, and emotional and they sound more me, if I can say so

The biggest difference in preparing this new album is that I will be taking the time that I need until the songs are in a shape that I am happy with. No matter how long it takes. I want it to be perfect for me. No hurry; no pressure.

I promise to tell you more about the songs later.

I am already thinking about doing some special concerts during this year beside the ones with my own band. So I hope I can tell more about them too soon.

Today I decided the set list for USA & Canada. You can expect also many changes and surprises for the South American shows in Mexico, Venezuela and Argentina. Looking forward to be on stage again!!!!

With My Winter Storm I chose the name of the album in the early stages and that helped me to create the concept for the album.

With the new album I decided to do it the same way, so I searched for an inspiring title and all the songs are one way or another related to it.

So I leave you now with the working title of my new album:

“What Lies Beneath”

With love, Tarja

Tarja news and updates 2wf369y

Tarja news and updates 1y74b8

Tarja news and updates 27zxaic

From www.mywinterstorm.com/blog/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:02 pm

A new album. I'm wondering if this will be any better than the last and if it's worth buying...
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
Universe
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Universe

Male
Number of posts : 4460
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica, Mandragora Scream, In Silentio Noctis, Amaranthe, 2 Times Terror, HB, UnSun, Eilera, Darzamat, Kivimetsän Druidi, Villieläin, Depressed Mode
Your Band Name : EneUniverse
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Sounds good, cant wait =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:26 am

I hope it'll be better than the last one.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:51 am

Quote :
My friends,

The final work for What Lies Beneath has started.

In these last couple of weeks I have been daily preparing the production, schedules, arrangements for the songs and for the album itself.

It feels great to be able to start the recordings very soon, since I have been waiting for the moment already for a long time. I am truly excited to witness how all will unfold!

The process for my second album started back in June 2008. Among the first songs that my friends and I composed at that time, a character called “Naiad” was born. The fantasy story of Naiad gave me the idea for the album title and for the whole album concept: What Lies Beneath.

Let’s start getting together into the spirit of the album.

Find here the lyrics of Naiad. It is a very important song in the album and means a lot to me personally.

Naiad

(Torsten, Angela, Adrian & Tarja)

She hears the distant soft caress
there in the gloom.
Colours surround with tenderness
guiding her through.
In the forgotten sweet abyss
another sound
twilight floating memories
always without.
Gloaming
there above the surface
an illusion
reaching down for me.
What lies beneath
beyond the ocean’s door
tranquil is the kiss
of the azure rising deep
sleeping ever more
Naiad’s mystery
what lies beneath.
Guarding their immorality
saints in the sand.
Stranger than beautiful eerie
an ancient land
Circle of sixteen turned to stone
and still they keep
shimmering crystal promises
one space between.
Breathing the newborn waves.
Kneeling for the sea she became.

The last touches for the music, last lines of lyrics and arrangements for the songs need to be done now before getting into the studio.

I have chosen the musicians for each song, the recording and mixing engineers and some the studios where the album will come alive.

We are also starting to organize the artwork and photos for the album.

It has been wonderful to be able to brainstorm again and decide the direction the album is going to take. I hope that you will be surprised again by my work; because that’s the way I like it

The recordings of the drums will begin on February 4th. I will be in touch with you daily from the studio, so you will have a chance to read, see and maybe also hear what is happening there.

Until next time…

With love, Tarja
Back to top Go down
Mariel
Lost
Lost
Mariel

Female
Number of posts : 89
Humor : :)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Old Nightwish, Evanescence, Xandria and Leaves' Eyes
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue22 / 10022 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Quote :
WLB
January 16th, 2010

My friends,

The final work for What Lies Beneath has started.

In these last couple of weeks I have been daily preparing the production, schedules, arrangements for the songs and for the album itself.

It feels great to be able to start the recordings very soon, since I have been waiting for the moment already for a long time. I am truly excited to witness how all will unfold!

The process for my second album started back in June 2008. Among the first songs that my friends and I composed at that time, a character called “Naiad” was born. The fantasy story of Naiad gave me the idea for the album title and for the whole album concept: What Lies Beneath.

Let’s start getting together into the spirit of the album.

Find here the lyrics of Naiad. It is a very important song in the album and means a lot to me personally.

Naiad

(Torsten, Angela, Adrian & Tarja)

She hears the distant soft caress

there in the gloom.

Colours surround with tenderness

guiding her through.

In the forgotten sweet abyss

another sound

twilight floating memories

always without.

Gloaming

there above the surface

an illusion

reaching down for me.

What lies beneath

beyond the ocean’s door

tranquil is the kiss

of the azure rising deep

sleeping ever more

Naiad’s mystery

what lies beneath.

Guarding their immorality

saints in the sand.

Stranger than beautiful eerie

an ancient land

Circle of sixteen turned to stone

and still they keep

shimmering crystal promises

one space between.

Breathing the newborn waves.

Kneeling for the sea she became.

The last touches for the music, last lines of lyrics and arrangements for the songs need to be done now before getting into the studio.

I have chosen the musicians for each song, the recording and mixing engineers and some of the studios where the album will come alive.

We are also starting to organize the artwork and photos for the album.

It has been wonderful to be able to brainstorm again and decide the direction the album is going to take. I hope that you will be surprised again by my work; because that’s the way I like it Smile

The recordings of the drums will begin on February 4th. I will be in touch with you daily from the studio, so you will have a chance to read, see and maybe also hear what is happening there.

Until next time…

With love, Tarja

Source: http://tarja-whatliesbeneath.com/

YAY!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/marieldrl
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Very Happy It sounds amazing already! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Marit
The Escapist
The Escapist
Marit

Female
Number of posts : 1040
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:16 pm

great news! finally, I was waiting to hear that for a very long time already Razz
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Quote :

And today we started

Alex and Mike were sleeping long this morning and while they were having their beauty sleep, I was working with Jetro in choosing the best keyboard tracks for some songs.
It was not too shiny weather today, nor that cold, but since we are completely surrounded by snow, we still had quite a lot of light, which definitely helps.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5159-300x225
I like to work in this studio where you can see natural light, because lack of light makes us very sleepy.

Good news. The drums arrived today and Mike was very happy, as the rest of us.
I had some time to think about the artwork for the album as well. Everything seems to be in place, so there are going to be excited times ahead. We will be doing the photo sessions for the album cover and booklet in few days.

The drum recordings started with success. Mike did a GREAT job with the first song. Wow, it comes alive and the groove is already lot better than in our demo.

Tarja news and updates IMG_5180-300x224
It’s incredible, I am happy. Alex was playing in the same room with Mike while he was recording and I was singing in the control room. It is easier for Mike to follow us and to get the whole picture and feeling of the song when the guitarist is playing and the singer singing at the same time. It took Mike just few takes when the song was completely laid down and the result is fantastic.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5173-300x225
Tarja news and updates IMG_5176-300x225

Soon we will all go to sauna to relax. I was the one preparing it ready tonight, I also put some wood to the fireplace, so that everybody can enjoy himself after a long day.

Tarja news and updates IMG_5158-300x225

With love, Tarja

Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Quote :

Words from Mike

Dear friends,
I am having at the moment lots of make up and running around for several clothes changes. We are doing the photos for “What Lies Beneath” album cover and artwork.
Is very nice to rest my ears for a couple of days, though it has been a lot of fan to be in the studio. I will show you some images of the photo shooting, but later on.
We are very busy today still and it will keep us even busier tomorrow Tarja news and updates Icon_wink Now I am leaving some words from Mike and some photos that he took in the last days.
Hi everybody! Uncle Mike here again, Tarja asked me to write a few words summing up my impressions of her session. So here we go…
I was born in Buffalo New York, so I’m not really a big fan of cold weather or snow, but I must say Hollola Finland is a very beautiful and relaxing. It proved to be a great place to live and work while recording Tarja’s CD.
There is just a great positive vibe here. Its kind of an old school environment great huge drum room, including a very comfortable and well equipped control room. I was really impressed with Petrax studios it reminded me of the larger studios that used to exist during the 70’s , 80’s and 90’s
Unfortunately my drums arrived one day late due to poor weather conditions, but after that delay… everything fell into place and the reminder of the session went as smooth as glass. This session was also a nice way to test out my new custom kit made exclusively by Drum Craft. I must say the kit performed beautifully and I think we really captured some good sounds!
The engineer Jetro is a very talented, patient, hard working guy. I would also like too personally thank Tiina & Petri the owners of Petrax Studios for there kindness hospitality. They are two of the sweetest people I have ever met and they really made us all feel so welcome and comfortable. We have been spoiled by Tinna’s excellent home cooked meals day & night.
Naturally when the vibes are good and your feeling comfortable then you are free to make good music. I’m going to miss this place and these people its simply a lovely place to work. What more could any musician as for!
I have been touring with Tarja now for approximately two years and during that time, I often wondered if I would get a chance to record on her new CD. So as you can imagine I am very happy and very proud to be a part of “What Lies beneath”
I turned 50 last month and I think playing on this session is one of the best birthday gifts I have ever received!
Woops Sorry…. I have digressed… back to the music. All the songs are very well written and arranged. Tarjas vocal melody lines are beautiful and I think she is singing better than ever. There is going to be a lot of emotions on this CD.
Tarja also has a very good understanding of how all the instruments must work together in the studio. This is a very important skill, especially when you’re trying to convey your musical and creative ideas too other musicians. I was very impressed that Tarja was able to understand my approach to drumming. She really has a great ear for picking out the cool drum parts. It was fun to play all kinds of grooves and fills and let her pick what she liked. Tarja always seemed to pick the groove or fill idea, which worked best for the track and was also cool from a drumming perspective.
Initially my approach to this session was to act in a supportive role. I came prepared to accompany the music and Tarja’s voice. However, I was surprised that this CD seems to be much heavier and experimental with regard to the drumming on the previous release “My Winter Storm”. In some songs I was given free reign to cut loose and really play what I wanted within the boundaries of good taste of course! Tarja news and updates Icon_wink
It was also very cool to play live in the studio and record some of the songs together with Alex on guitar. I think its gives the tacks more of a live feel with raw emotional power. It’s been a long time since I have worked like this. So it seems on this session Tarja & Marcelo have managed to combine the best of the old and the new with regard to recording techniques and live playing.
Looking back on the past days, I really feel that I had a chance to express myself and to show my own personal drumming style. It’s really nice to work with people that enjoy what you can bring to their music. For me, this is what music is about. It’s about exchanging musical ideas and creating interesting moods and feelings. The feelings generated depend mainly on who is playing. With musicians like Alex Scholpp and Doug Wimbish, I can tell you the rhythm guitar and bass tracks on the CD are rock solid. The grooves are tight yet; they still retain the organic performance style of each musician.
It was a pleasure and an honor to play double drums with Will Calhoun on the epic song “Crimson Deep” This was Marcelo’s idea and again it’s in keeping with mixing new technology with old proven ideas.
I have played along with other drummers in live situations, but never in the recording studio, so I was a bit curious and excited to see how it was going to work out.
Will and I found that after mapping out our parts, we synchronized together in real time and it really adds a nice flavor to the over all track. There is a very strong primal groove running through the entire song and although Will and I have different playing styles and influences, I think we both complemented each other and the music.
This session just flew by. It was also great to be back with everyone again Tarja, Marcelo, Alex, Max, Doug and Christian. This was a session that I shall never forget; it was truly a great experience.
I’m looking forward to getting out on the road and playing this music live for you people.
Tarja news and updates 3-more-cases-300x225 Tarja news and updates 5-scattered-drums-2-300x225
Tarja news and updates 7-octobans-set-up-300x225
Tarja news and updates 18-full-kit-working-300x225
Tarja news and updates 16-control-room-2-300x225
Tarja news and updates Jetro-300x225
Tarja news and updates Where-we-eat-300x225
Tarja news and updates The-studio-300x225
Tarja news and updates Horse-300x225
Tarja news and updates Snow-300x225
Cheers, Mike
With love, Tarja
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 am

Quote :

Back in the recording studio

It’s so funny to read that some of you got nervous because I didn’t write in two days…come on. I am working here Tarja news and updates Icon_smile !
The photo session went really well and Jens Boldt did magnificent work again. Some of you will love it, others will freak out Tarja news and updates Icon_wink
Few days ago I needed to say goodbye to lovely Will Calhoun.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5413-300x225
He is just a wonderful personality and very supportive character. I enjoyed working with him a lot. I hope to meet him very soon again. Thank you Will for your kind words, effort and talent.
Today in the morning I returned back to the studio where Doug and Alex are recordings their parts.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5345-300x225 Tarja news and updates IMG_5379-300x225
Doug did a great job in the album song “Naiad” today. Bass is not only the supportive instrument on this album, but also it has a big role in being a mood creator. There is more than one song with two bass lines.
This is the last day for Doug in the studio and soon it will be getting quiet here again, since only Alex will stay with us.
Just few days ago there were 12 of us!
Anyway, I am really getting excited about the recordings because the songs are sounding already exactly how I wished them to sound long time ago. Just wonderful…
The same way that we did when Mike played his parts, Doug and Alex are playing together in the heavier songs while Doug is recording. That way it’s easier for him to get the correct groove of the song. The guys are recording in the control room where we all are present. It’s really cosy here.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5356-300x225
Chris recorded a small Hammond feature in one of my songs. The song is very theatrical with tempo and key changes and needs all kind of crazy stuff and Hammond is definitely one of those elements.
There is a very old Hammond here in the studio and I wanted Chris to record with it even though I knew he has one of his own at his home studio. I just wanted to hear that old instrument’s massive sound.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5394-224x300
Before Chris and Will left the place, they got to try out the snowmobile! Even though the one in the photo is Alex. I saw they had some fun for a while. There is lot of snow here to play with those machines! It can be dangerous though…
Tarja news and updates IMG_5392
We are progressing nicely and fast Tarja news and updates Icon_wink
Tarja news and updates IMG_5406-300x225
Tarja news and updates IMG_5340-224x300
With love, Tarja
Back to top Go down
helenaistheomelette
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
helenaistheomelette

Female
Number of posts : 4470
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 am

OMG! I can't wait!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Quote :

Guitar recordings finished!

Some of you were wondering that 17 songs is quite much for an album. Not all the songs are going to end up on the actual album.
We need bonus tracks and b-sides for different territories and singles. In the worldwide release, there are always countries asking for bonuses. On my album you can expect to have around 11-12 songs. I am lucky though to have more than enough material.
Last night Alex finished his guitar parts and today he returned back to Germany in the morning.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5815-300x225 Tarja news and updates IMG_5820-300x225 Tarja news and updates IMG_5833-300x225
The band recordings are pretty much done now. We still need the keyboards and cello parts. These two instruments are not going to be recorded here at Petrax, but both Christian and Max are recording in their home studios.
We had some guests in Hollola today. Max helped us to contact musicians from Lahti symphony orchestra to record a string quartet. Max played himself the cello parts and did the arrangement for the quartet. The recordings went really well and the sound I was seeking for, was accomplished.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5845-300x224
Thanks to Jyrki, Pauline and Rémi.
It was really great to have all my “band mates” here with me. We had a good time together in these sessions and the results are speaking. The songs are really getting tight, even though they are still missing quite few elements.
I read in the blog that many were surprised to see how fast the recordings are progressing. Have in mind that we have been working, discussing and living with these songs for nearly 2 years in some cases. So at the moment of the actual recording, everything is very clear already.
Tomorrow the vocal session will begin, so wish me good luck Tarja news and updates Icon_wink
With love, Tarja

Guitar recordings

We said goodbye to Doug Wimbish in the morning. He finished all the bass parts last night with success.

Tarja news and updates IMG_5786-300x225
Including a beautiful solo for “The Crying Moon”.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5789-300x225
Tarja news and updates IMG_5788-300x225
Tarja news and updates IMG_5787-300x225
Alex was recording yesterday and today guitars for many songs. He is using 3 different amplifiers in recordings, so that we reach bigger and bombastic sound. Here you’ll see them in the back.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5798-224x300
It has been absolutely important that Alex has been here with us during the whole project. He has been arranging killer guitar riffs for many of the songs and they are sounding now much more modern, heavy and ROCKING!
But there is also space in the album for some delicate sounds together with the raw ones.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5807-300x225
There have been quite many people visiting the studio while we’ve been here and ALL of them have agreed that this album sounds very promising Tarja news and updates Icon_wink . I am, of course, very delighted about this. We have worked in the whole process 33 songs from which I decided to record 17. The remaining ones took another path because of the music, lyrics or both. I am sure that I will give them a rest, but I will re visit them for other projects or for a future album.
Tomorrow I will start rehearsing and adjusting the vocal parts and getting my body ready for the actual recordings. These are about to begin Tarja news and updates Icon_smile
We have been working long days. Every night the time to go to sleep has been more or less at 03:00 in the morning or later. The lack of sleep starts to affect all of us, but the good mood around helps us to keep ourselves in the right track. We are here for one purpose and everybody is giving his or her very best for it.
I am very happy to see the musicians really putting their heart into my music. I am really grateful to them.
With love, Tarja
Back to top Go down
sweet sorrow
Come Closer
Come Closer
sweet sorrow

Male
Number of posts : 382
Humor : Comedy is very much like drama its all a matter of timeing
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish /Within Temptation / Sirenia / Delain / Pythia
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:22 am

Quote :
TARJA TURUNEN Talks Orchestra Arrangement On New Album

"Yesterday was a quiet day. Only Jetro, Marcelo and I were working in the studio making edits for the songs already recorded by the band.

It’s great to be able to realize that some of the songs are already ready, just missing my vocals…

I was using one microphone that I very much liked in my previous recordings, but when we started asking for it long time ago, we couldn’t find that microphone in Finland at all!

So yesterday we went through quite many microphones that we had here with us and it was very useful. There can be really big differences between microphones and from my experience, the ones that are usually used in vocal recordings, are not so good for my voice.

Most of the microphones cannot handle my high register, so I need to find one that has good high end, but that can also be warm enough to transmit the softer moments.

I am going to be recording my vocals in two different studios; in Petrax where I am singing most of the “rock” tracks and in El Pie Studios in Buenos Aires where the more organic, movie kind of songs will be recorded.

Today we had another guest with us. Marzi Nyman came to add his guitar effects for some of my songs.

I know Marzi already from my Xmas concerts. He has been playing on my last couple of tours in Finland and I have always loved his way of using the pedals and effects.

He creates unbelievable moods as Doug does with bass.

Some of the songs on this album require special atmospheres and its better to do them organic ways rather than using samples.

Thank you Marzi for your thoughtful work.

Another nice thing happened today. I received the first orchestra arrangement from Jim and I have to say again that he is SO talented. He just blows me away every time with his work.

The orchestra will sound massive and beautiful, just as I wished it would sound. Just wait to hear!

I started recording vocals for the first song 'LL'. It was the easiest choice to start with. The song will be absolutely and definitely the heaviest track on my album and written by Alex, Johnny and me.

I think everything went fine with the song and it was fun to record it. Very easy, took me just few takes to get it right.

I’m heading towards new challenges tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 am

Quote :

Piano Recording Session

I recorded my first ever piano tracks for “U” and “TAOLD”! The grand piano in the studio is Bechstein which sound I truly love. Bechstein is very moody piano in general. I have the same brand at home as well. In these songs you will easily “recognise” me playing the piano parts, instead of a professional pianist.
So if I don’t consider myself as a piano player, you shouldn’t do that either Tarja news and updates Icon_wink
The feeling in these songs is the most important matter and I think I captured it. It has been really nice experience for me to work with our engineer Jetro who has been so supportive and a great help in my “troubles”. He has good ears and is very, very fast and talented.
Still feels awkward to be playing an instrument (rather than my voice) in songs where Mike Terrana, Doug Wimbish, Will Calhoun, Alex Scholpp, Christian Kretschmar and Marzi Nyman are displaying their talents.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5907 Tarja news and updates IMG_5916
I received already the second orchestra arrangement today and it sounds very promising as well, so we are progressing. I was also recording vocals for one song that is considered by the record company and all the musicians to be one of the first singles. Let’s see later if you like it or not Tarja news and updates Icon_smile
Tarja news and updates IMG_5943
Today we said goodbye to Petrax and it’s lovely people, Tiina and Petri. We were really happy to work at their beautiful place and I am sure it won’t be the last time they will see us there. Everything went marvellous and we felt like being at home. Many thanks to Tiina for the delicious food and care and Petri for his support, efforts and understanding. We wish them just the best.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5946
We will resume the vocal recordings later. These couple of weeks have been full of work and concentration, since I am producing this album on my own and with the help of the dear ones around. Now I think I need at least some rest.
I will leave you in the meantime with few lines of a song I already recorded my vocals.
Who can change this memory?
Inside it needs to burn
Worship by the enemy
The guilty take their turns

Watching as it’s disappearing
Shadows all that remain
Wishes slowly crossing over
In this parade of pain

I will come back to you soon.
Tarja news and updates IMG_5947
With love, Tarja
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Quote :

Progress!

First of all the experience in the ” Wetten Dass..?” Show was just amazing.
Tarja news and updates IMG_6061-300x225
It was great to sing with Scorpions, of course! I have to tell you that these guys from the band are SO kind. They were treating me like a queen and I was very delighted of their support and trust.
Tarja news and updates IMG_6108-300x225
Is funny to see the bigger “names” with humble attitude that allows them to see and understand. Many times better and faster than people around you who you need constantly to convince of what you want and like.
I had very nice talks especially with Klaus and his family. They seem to be a great team and we share many similar things in our private lives.
I also found out that the writer Paulo Coelho, who is a great inspiration to me, is also a friend with Rudolf!
I wish The Scorpions the best for their last album and tours and congratulations for the great chart entries in the world! I am sure we will meet very soon again.
Tarja news and updates IMG_6090-300x225
Few nights ago I had a chance to see Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Love never dies” musical and I fell in love with it in an instant. It was just a wonderful performance and an amazing piece of art. There is still hope, since good music really exists and people are willing to hear more.
I finished writing the lyrics for a song that I composed last in the writing process. It is a piano/orchestral piece that I could have called “Oasis 2”. This time it has English lyrics and continues the story of “Naiad”. During the piano recordings at Petrax studios, this song changed quite radically, because I decided to write an improvised piano piece in between the song. It feels good to be free and open to hear suggestions, but also to follow my own instincts.
In few days I’ll get back into recording the vocals for the last songs and immediately after I’ll let you know where I am heading to mix the album.
The orchestra and choir are already recorded!
There are exciting times ahead of me. Getting the final album in my hands is getting closer and closer day by day.
I have been trying to re gain the lost energy in these last couple of days and it feels I was able to do exactly that. I am ready for new challenges.
Tarja news and updates IMG_6113-224x300 Tarja news and updates IMG_6122-300x225
I think I already mentioned you the song called “Crimson Deep”.
Find here the lyrics we wrote with Angela.
Sometimes I see the pulse
numb I feel,
so unreal.
Blood on my lips I taste the heavy lead.
What can I find behind the mirror,
I’ll never know.
Who’s the reflection within?

Should I frame for you the other world?
Another world?
I’ve heard the voices of Elysium.
The scent of a sudden wish,
never there, everywhere.
Read me the space in-between.

Sharp is the edge of all discovery,
now I see.
A scar without suffering, impossible.
I’ll wait until my last day
with no shame.
Who’s to blame?
Shaping the signs left for me.
Come to me
I cried
I need you.
I am seeking
the gates unfold inside
my lost soul
in the dark.
Far beneath my breath
I’m burning
at my core.
Show me how
let me see beyond
I will find
my Crimson Deep
Tarja news and updates IMG_0484-300x225
With love, Tarja
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Quote :
Former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen is continuing work on her new solo album,"What Lies Beneath", for a late summer release. With production handled by Tarja herself and selected tracks set to be mixed by U.K. producer Colin Richardson (famed for his work with MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and SLIPKNOT, among others), the follow-up to 2007's "My Winter Storm" "looks set to take Tarja's unique musical mix of drama 'n' decibels to a whole new level of success," according to a press release.

"We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17," Tarja explains. "It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time…"

The lead single from "What Lies Beneath", title to be confirmed, is currently being discussed for an early August release, with the full album to follow later that month.

Turunen performed the song "The Good Die Young" with German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS on the March 27 edition of Germany's talk show "Wetten, Dass..?" The program also featured an interview with Tarja and SCORPIONS members Rudolf Schenker and Klaus Meine.

"The Good Die Young" appears on SCORPIONS' final studio album, "Sting In The Tail", which was released in North America on March 23 via Universal Music Enterprises.

"It was such an honor to be invited to take part in the SCORPIONS' last album," says Tarja. "I am sure they will keep this particular record in their hearts the same way the fans and I will."
Back to top Go down
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Latest blog news

Progress!

First of all the experience in the ” Wetten Dass..?” Show was just amazing.

Tarja news and updates IMG_6061

It was great to sing with Scorpions, of course! I have to tell you that these guys from the band are SO kind. They were treating me like a queen and I was very delighted of their support and trust.

Tarja news and updates IMG_6108

Is funny to see the bigger “names” with humble attitude that allows them to see and understand. Many times better and faster than people around you who you need constantly to convince of what you want and like.

I had very nice talks especially with Klaus and his family. They seem to be a great team and we share many similar things in our private lives.

I also found out that the writer Paulo Coelho, who is a great inspiration to me, is also a friend with Rudolf!

I wish The Scorpions the best for their last album and tours and congratulations for the great chart entries in the world! I am sure we will meet very soon again.

Tarja news and updates IMG_6090

Few nights ago I had a chance to see Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Love never dies” musical and I fell in love with it in an instant. It was just a wonderful performance and an amazing piece of art. There is still hope, since good music really exists and people are willing to hear more.

I finished writing the lyrics for a song that I composed last in the writing process. It is a piano/orchestral piece that I could have called “Oasis 2”. This time it has English lyrics and continues the story of “Naiad”. During the piano recordings at Petrax studios, this song changed quite radically, because I decided to write an improvised piano piece in between the song. It feels good to be free and open to hear suggestions, but also to follow my own instincts.

In few days I’ll get back into recording the vocals for the last songs and immediately after I’ll let you know where I am heading to mix the album.

The orchestra and choir are already recorded!

There are exciting times ahead of me. Getting the final album in my hands is getting closer and closer day by day.

I have been trying to re gain the lost energy in these last couple of days and it feels I was able to do exactly that. I am ready for new challenges.

Tarja news and updates IMG_6113

Tarja news and updates IMG_6122

I think I already mentioned you the song called “Crimson Deep”.

Find here the lyrics we wrote with Angela.

Sometimes I see the pulse

numb I feel,

so unreal.

Blood on my lips I taste the heavy lead.

What can I find behind the mirror,

I’ll never know.

Who’s the reflection within?

Should I frame for you the other world?

Another world?

I’ve heard the voices of Elysium.

The scent of a sudden wish,

never there, everywhere.

Read me the space in-between.

Sharp is the edge of all discovery,

now I see.

A scar without suffering, impossible.

I’ll wait until my last day

with no shame.

Who’s to blame?

Shaping the signs left for me.

Come to me

I cried

I need you.

I am seeking

the gates unfold inside

my lost soul

in the dark.

Far beneath my breath

I’m burning

at my core.

Show me how

let me see beyond

I will find

my Crimson Deep

Tarja news and updates IMG_0484

With love, Tarja
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks for the news. I also posted this last week in the Tarja news thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 20
Member Points :

Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Her next album is gonna rule! It was great that she could sing with the Scorpions!
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:23 pm

TARJA TURUNEN Completes Recording New Solo Album

Quote :
Former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen has completed recording her new solo album, "What Lies Beneath". She states, "It was a great last vocal session. I am grateful that everything I planned was accomplished. Also the things that we decided on the way have only improved the songs making the overall picture clearer in the end.

"It's going to be a very nice and powerful album!

"It has been a 'long and winding' road, but definitely worth every step.

"You see who came to visit me in the studio in these last couple of days? Both my lovely and talented brothers Timo and Toni shared their vocals with me in one particular song, which you are going to hear pretty soon in my summer shows with orchestra and choir.

"The name of the song of course will need to remain as a secret until that.

"It was so wonderful to sing with them. I am very proud of them. We are all very different kind of singers, which makes us a very unique musical family.

"The next challenge is the intense mixing process that will take place starting from … tomorrow!

"I can't believe that I am at this point in the production. Makes me really thrilled!

"We have decided to mix in three different locations with three different engineers to get the best out of each song.

"The first stage will take us to London!!!! I am going to spend next couple of weeks mixing part of the album with Mr. Colin Richardson (MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, SLIPKNOT) at Miloco Studios.

We have met after my last show in London and since then we have been working already in the songs.

"I am truly looking forward our collaboration. Colin is very kind and a true British gentle man.

"London is also one of my favourite cities in the planet, so I cannot be more than happy to be there. Maybe I'll have some time for shoe shopping (as you know already), if I am lucky!

"Now I'll enjoy a glass of red wine that I feel I've well deserved it."

"What Lies Beneath" is tentatively scheduled for a late summer release. With production handled by Tarja herself, the follow-up to 2007's "My Winter Storm" "looks set to take Tarja's unique musical mix of drama 'n' decibels to a whole new level of success," according to a press release.

"We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17," Tarja explained. "It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time…"

The lead single from "What Lies Beneath", title to be confirmed, is currently being discussed for an early August release, with the full album to follow later that month.

Turunen performed the song "The Good Die Young" with German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS on the March 27 edition of Germany's talk show "Wetten, Dass..?" The program also featured an interview with Tarja and SCORPIONS members Rudolf Schenker and Klaus Meine.

"The Good Die Young" appears on SCORPIONS' final studio album, "Sting In The Tail", which was released in North America on March 23 via Universal Music Enterprises.

"It was such an honor to be invited to take part in the SCORPIONS' last album," says Tarja. "I am sure they will keep this particular record in their hearts the same way the fans and I will."
Back to top Go down
helenaistheomelette
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
helenaistheomelette

Female
Number of posts : 4470
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm

*SPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

OMG. I JUST DIED A LITTLE.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:33 am

TARJA TURUNEN: Warming Up Beneath 2010 Tour Dates Announced

Quote :
TARJA TURUNEN (ex-NIGHTWISH) has confirmed a number of new dates on her Warming Up Beneath 2010 tour - check out the itinerary below:

June
12 - Miskolc Ice Hall - Miskolc, Hungary
25 - Graspop Metal Meeting 2010 - Kastelsedijk, Belgium

July
8 - Rockweekend Festival - Söderhamn, Sweden
10 - American Beauty Car Show - Haapsalu, Estonia
15 - Masters Of Rock Festival - Vizovice, Czech Republic
23 - Kaliakra Rock Fest 2010 - Kavarna, Bulgaria

August
6 - Wacken Open Air - Wacken, Germany
14 - Rock Pod Kamenom - Snina, Slovakia

Tarja Turunen recently finished recording her forthcoming new album, What Lies Beneath, which is now being mixed at three different locations with three different engineers.

"The first stage will take us to London," says Turunen. "I am going to spend next couple of weeks mixing part of the album with Mr. Colin Richardson (MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, SLIPKNOT) at Miloco Studios.

“We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17,” Tarja Turunen adds. “It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time…”

The lead single from What Lies Beneath, title to be confirmed, is currently being discussed for an early August release, with the full album to follow later that month.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 pm

New Album Artwork To Be Unveiled Next Week

Quote :
Former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen will unveil the cover artwork for her new solo album, "What Lies Beneath", next week via her official web site. With production handled by Tarja herself and selected tracks set to be mixed by U.K. producer Colin Richardson (famed for his work with MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and SLIPKNOT, among others), the follow-up to 2007's "My Winter Storm" "looks set to take Tarja's unique musical mix of drama 'n' decibels to a whole new level of success," according to a press release.

"We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17," Tarja explains. "It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time…"

Back to top Go down
Sanguine_Divine
Come Closer
Come Closer
Sanguine_Divine

Female
Number of posts : 343
Humor : sarcastic and stupid
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Sirenia, Draconian, Theatre Of Tragedy, The Sins Of Thy Beloved, Epica, Nightwish, and Lacuna Coil etc.
Your Band Name : Narc Out Your Brother
Member Points :
Tarja news and updates Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Tarja news and updates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Tarja news and updates 30731_116755015025518_112029808831372_140414_2261090_n

The cover for What Lies Beneath
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/krista420666
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarja news and updates   Tarja news and updates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tarja news and updates
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next