Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Two-Hawks is a fraud?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
John Two-Hawks is a fraud? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100John Two-Hawks is a fraud? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

John Two-Hawks is a fraud? Empty
PostSubject: John Two-Hawks is a fraud?   John Two-Hawks is a fraud? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 pm

So I don't want to stir things up or make people upset but I just read this Tumblr post and thought it was important that people know:

http://hapfairy.tumblr.com/post/56424393234/chell-redacted-i-feel-so-sad

To sum it up, there's considerable evidence that John Two-Hawks is not really a Lakota Native American, that some of his ancestors may have been but he was born John Hill. The poem that he performs on Creek Mary's Blood is largely incorrect and apparently doesn't make any sense in the language (verified by several native speakers). The naming ceremony that he performed on Tuomas was also completely fake.

I feel so angry and sad about this as I always loved the song and the End of An Era performance. It sucks that someone would feel the need to lie so much and deceive the band and all their fans. He has denied most of this, of course (you can read his response in the thread, it sadly contains further lies and made-up language) but he does admit that he's not a card-carrying Native American which someone says makes it actually illegal for him to advertise his music/art as being genuinely Native American.

Anyway, at the very least, the band know about this and probably won't be performing with him again (I did wonder why he wasn't present on their last US tour) and they've closed the forum thread. I'm just surprised this was all revealed months ago and yet I had no idea! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
Sorcha
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Sorcha

Female
Number of posts : 3858
Humor : You wouldn't want to know..
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tarja, Delain, Marenne, Within Temptation, Epica.
Member Points :
John Two-Hawks is a fraud? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100John Two-Hawks is a fraud? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-09

John Two-Hawks is a fraud? Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Two-Hawks is a fraud?   John Two-Hawks is a fraud? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Kinda shocked to read this. It's a great song and I've always loved the meaning behind it. It is indeed said that this happened and that he feels the need to make money over the backs of other, real Native Americans.
Back to top Go down

John Two-Hawks is a fraud?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muses Of Metal :: The Big Names :: Nightwish-
Jump to: