Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Number of posts : 2627
Humor : fucked up
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Autumn, Kells, Lacuna Coil
Member Points :
Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-03-02

Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else Empty
PostSubject: Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else   Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 am

So I sing, I write, I play music, but poetry is something I feel truly proud of. My poems may or may not be good, but they are all significant and really mean something to me. So, I figured I could share them here. Some of these will have been posted on my deviantart account and others may have never been shared.

Held Fast By a Broken Thought

I see a crooked picture hanging
On a far-off wall
And am disturbed to find
The colors bleeding into my brain.
I can't escape the thought,
The faces of demonic entities
Grabbing at my arms and legs
And holding me fast screaming,

"LOOK AT ME!!"

I cry sometimes for my inability to move,
My inability to take some form of action,
And only being allowed to think of imperfection. . .
Back to top Go down
http://tender-trip-on-earth.tumblr.com
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else   Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:20 pm

I like the feel of your poem. Is it about paranoia or insecurities?
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
tender-trip-on-earth
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
tender-trip-on-earth

Female
Number of posts : 2627
Humor : fucked up
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering, Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Autumn, Kells, Lacuna Coil
Member Points :
Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else   Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 pm

It's mostly about insecurity. We as humans have a harder time seeing good in ourselves and tend to focus our weaknesses. If we let our weakness consume us we become held fast by a broken thought (a thought that only does harm and serves for no greater good). This is when we feel like every slight imperfection (be it about appearance, art, writing, etc.) is screaming in our faces for all our attention. This is why people believe they aren't good enough. At least, this is true of me.
Back to top Go down
http://tender-trip-on-earth.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else   Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madge's Poetry and Whatever Else
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muses Of Metal :: General :: Cave Of Creativity-
Jump to: