Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angels Fall First

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Piotrek
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 67
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish (with Tarja), Epica, After Forever
Member Points :
Angels Fall First Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Angels Fall First Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-19

Angels Fall First Empty
PostSubject: Angels Fall First   Angels Fall First I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:41 pm

I haven't noticed a thread about this album so far, but I bet that you have an opinion about it, one way or the other. Here's place to state it, to discuss this release or to rate the songs from ATT.

It was the first Nightwish release I bought, but I never regretted it, event though it has never been my favourite either. Hard to say which song I like most. I enjoy "Why the Nightingale Sings", "Nymphomaniac Fantasia", "Elvenpath" and "Lappi". As you can see I'm NOT a fan of Tuomas's singing skills Laughing

Your turn.

Last edited by Piotrek on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Angels Fall First Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Angels Fall First Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

Angels Fall First Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Fall First   Angels Fall First I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:21 pm

This is the one Nightwish album I never listen to really... I feel like it was good for getting them started but Oceanborn just totally eclipses it in quality.

I like Angels Fall First the song, and I quite like Lappi as well. I can't stand any of Tuomas' vocals, but he can't either so that's ok! XD I like the remakes they did with Tony Kakko, though.
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Number of posts : 885
Humor : Sick and twisted.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation / Lacuna Coil / Draconian / Tristania / Mortal Love / Katra / Leaves Eyes' / Diablo Swing Orchestra / Sirenia / Nightwish / Therion / Tarja
Member Points :
Angels Fall First Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Angels Fall First Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-17

Angels Fall First Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Fall First   Angels Fall First I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:02 pm

I enjoy the album a lot. It has really unique, experimental, diverse and heavy music I've not heard anywhere else. I find both of them's vocals terrible on it, though, yes, even Tarja's - her accent was so thick back then I find it impossible to understand any lyrics and her control over her voice was at very least weak. (but it's bearable to listen to, so its alright) My favorite songs are Tutankhamen, Astral Romance and Know why the nightingale sings, I'm not a huge fan of Lappi and I think The Carpenter is a straight up terrible song. Overall, if I was to rate the album out of 5, I'd give it a three, my only yet major complain is the vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/RinaSpk
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Angels Fall First Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Angels Fall First Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

Angels Fall First Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Fall First   Angels Fall First I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Yeah, for me at least, I think it would be a really good album if they'd re-recorded the whole thing with new vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
ianf666
Head Up High
Head Up High
ianf666

Male
Number of posts : 131
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : TRIAXIS
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-10-26

Angels Fall First Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Fall First   Angels Fall First I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:29 pm

My least favorite Nightwish album ............... for me it's more like a demo album with a couple of good songs on it.
I agree with Hapfairy that the album would benefit from a revamp !!!
Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Angels Fall First Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Angels Fall First Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

Angels Fall First Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Fall First   Angels Fall First I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:43 am

I just can never seem to get into this album, everything about it is rather terrible, honestly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
Sponsored content

Angels Fall First Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angels Fall First   Angels Fall First I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angels Fall First
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muses Of Metal :: The Big Names :: Nightwish-
Jump to: