Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Delain news thread

Go down 
+5
Sorcha
HORNET
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
magnoly
Lady Draconian
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Rob quits!

Quote :
Rob leaves Delain!

Hello everybody,

The last six months have been very hard for me. Lately I have graduated from the Rock-academy. Therefore besides Delain I also do a lot of other projects as a musician and as a music coach. I'm a busy bee and don't have a 9:00 to 5:00 job. I feel privileged to be able to do this kind of work but it made it harder for me to combine it with such a time and energy demanding band as Delain. I had a great time playing with Delain and I never wanted to miss this adventure. Delain is a succesfull band and because of that it demands more and more time. That’s why after some good thinking I decided to leave Delain. This wasn't an easy choice but simply the best one to make. This means that in the following months I'll have some more time for myself to get focused again and to make a fresh new start. I'd like to give a big thank to all (ex-)bandmembers, our dedicated crew and ofcourse to all fans over the world for the incredible support!

Rock-n-roll,

Rob
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:52 pm

News update!

Quote :
We've got some big news; Recently we started working on our new third album, which we hope to release this year. Together with Roadrunner we are working on extending our cooperation, and together we're aiming for bigger, better, and heavier then ever before. An external producer, a real orchestra, and much more exciting stuff will be involved. We will work more extensively on Delain during this process, and we are very much looking forward to it. We will keep you informed with moviesamples and blogs.
However because of Delain's development the last couple of years it's becoming more timeconsuming for all of us. That's why our band mate Rob has decided to leave the band later this year. You can find his comment here on his myspace. We will communicate more about his departure and his last show later on. Together with Rob we are already organizing his replacement. If you are also interested to audition you can contact us here.
Back to top Go down
magnoly
The Escapist
The Escapist
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : EPICA

Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-11

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:59 pm

That's sad but I wish Rob all the best in the future!

And I'm so excited now about the new album! Live orchestra? I think it's going to be their best! Just the feeling. Wink
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 6329
Humor : Cry With A Smile :`)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica,Tristania & Within Temptation
Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 pm

New album?So quick? Delain news thread Icon_eek .Real orchestra? Sounds good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm

OFFICIAL article:

Delain extends Roadrunner record deal.

Quote :
DELAIN — the Dutch gothic rock/metal project founded by ex-WITHIN TEMPTATION keyboardist Martijn Westerholt (brother of WITHIN TEMPTATION's Robert Westerholt) — has issued the following update:

"We've got some big news. Recently we started working on our new third album, which we hope to release this year. Together with Roadrunner we are working on extending our cooperation, and together we're aiming for bigger, better, and heavier than ever before. An external producer, a real orchestra, and much more exciting stuff will be involved. We will work more extensively on DELAIN during this process, and we are very much looking forward to it. We will keep you informed with movie samples and blogs. However, because of DELAIN's development the last couple of years, it's becoming more time-consuming for all of us. That's why our bandmate Rob [van der Loo, bass] has decided to leave the band later this year. We will communicate more about his departure and his last show later on. Together with Rob we are already organizing his replacement. If you are also interested to audition you can contact us at delainauditie@hotmail.com."

Rob van der Loo has released the following statement regarding his decision to leave DELAIN:

"The last six months have been very hard for me. Lately I have graduated from the Rock academy. Therefore, besides DELAIN, I also do a lot of other projects as a musician and as a music coach. I'm a busy bee and don't have a 9:00 to 5:00 job. I feel privileged to be able to do this kind of work but it made it harder for me to combine it with such a time- and energy-demanding band as DELAIN.

"I had a great time playing with DELAIN and I never wanted to miss this adventure.

"DELAIN is a succesful band, and because of that, it demands more and more time. That’s why, after some good thinking, I decided to leave DELAIN. This wasn't an easy choice but simply the best one to make. This means that in the following months I'll have some more time for myself to get focused again and to make a fresh new start.

"I'd like to give a big thank to all (ex-)bandmembers, our dedicated crew and, of course, to all fans over the world for the incredible support!"

DELAIN's second album, "April Rain", was released in North America on June 30, 2009 via Sensory Records (with U.S. distribution through Ryko and Canadian distribution through Sonic Unyon). The North American version of the album features a bonus track — "Come Closer" — which was previously only available on the limited-edition digipack version of the LP.

DELAIN last year parted ways with guitarist Ronald Landa due to musical differences. He has since been replaced by Ewout Pieters.

"April Rain" benefits from the return of NIGHTWISH bassist/vocalist Marco Hietala who sings male vocals on two tracks, as well as world-renowned cellist Maria Ahn.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Quote :

The band announces the release of their 3rd studio album, set for release in February 2011.

More information to follow soon.

Back to top Go down
magnoly
The Escapist
The Escapist
magnoly

Female

Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Yay, can't wait for the new album. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HORNET
Head Up High
Head Up High
HORNET

Male
Number of posts : 194
Humor : yes
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Pythia, Triaxis, Tarja, Epica, Tristania, Imperia, Within, Lacuna`s, Nightwish Tarja, Nightwish Annete, Katra, And most of the others.
Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Delain are touring this country ( UK) in April. Serenity will support.
Back to top Go down
Sorcha
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Sorcha

Female
Number of posts : 3858
Humor : You wouldn't want to know..
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tarja, Delain, Marenne, Within Temptation, Epica.
Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-09

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Ewout leaves Delain

Delain's Statement:
Quote :

A lot of fans are asking about the latest developments regarding the next album. Therefore here's the latest news.

We are planning to release our album in spring of 2011 followed by an extensive national and international tour later that year. For the recordingproces of the new album we have involved names which might sound familiar to some. Keep checking our news because they will be announced later on.

Sadly we have dedided to part with Ewout because we feel he cannot meet up to the extensive demands Delain is asking regarding our recording an tour activities which are ahead. We want to thank him very much for his contribution to the band in the past 10 months in completing the April Rain tour with us. He will still play with us at the show in Tivoli te 29th.

We are already selecting guitarist candidates for the new album and the following live activities. If you are also interested you can still contact us here to audition.

Ewout's statement
Quote :

As per 30 October 2010 I will be no longer a part of Delain. In the end of July the band have made the decision they did not want to continue with me as guitarist for Delain, as i was, in their opinion, lacking skills on both guitar and live performance.To me this was something I had not foreseen and uptill today is still something I do not recognize myself in. Although we obviously did not agree on these reasons, I've taken the bullit without arguing. And agreed to help the band out by still doing the shows we had planned, since I didn't want to let down any fans. But at the same time I wasn't allowed to speak about this untill now.

In all honesty the past months have therefor been quite ambiguous. I've had a briljant time doing the great and unique shows we did July till September. But it has also been hard for me to keep up appearences when fans all over the world asked me about future plans of Delain, my part on the album, etc. knowing that I already wasn't a part of it anymore, but couldn't tell. I hereby apologize for not being able to tell the truth to all I've spoken to face to face or online. In a way I'm glad to finally be able to share this with you and be honest.

I am proud and honoured to have had the opportunity to play for so many of you, talk to so many of you and hopefully have created some good memories together too. I know I've always given 100% and stand for what I've done and do. And have loved every second of every show I've done. This period and all memories, cheers, metalhorns, pics, autographs and drinks I will herefor always keep very close to my heart.

I also like to thank the crew I've worked with for all their hard work and good fun we've shared knowing that without them no Delain show could ever exist. Rik, Maarten, Lotti, Joyce, Lenny and Alejandro my metalhorns go up to you! And finally thank you, the fans, all over the world, for making this past year possible!As for my future plans, I can only say that I have no clue. I will always write music as i've done in the past, but only time will tell what opportunities might cross my path.My last show will be on the 29th of October in Tivoli Utrecht, Holland. I hereby invite everybody to come to the show and share one last great evening together and certainly enjoy a shitload of drinks;).

Cheerz

Rock On

Ewout Pieters

I really didn't saw this coming! The way Delain handled this kinda sucks. It can be worse but still..

Source: Delain Forum
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:58 pm

O_O This is horrible! I really loved Ewout. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sorcha
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Sorcha

Female
Number of posts : 3858
Humor : You wouldn't want to know..
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tarja, Delain, Marenne, Within Temptation, Epica.
Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-09

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:15 pm

It's almost 99% sure that the new guitar player for Delain is going to be Timo Somers

Delain news thread 1008154835_5_BRgT_1

19 years old, Dutch and used to play with the band Vengeance (together with Arjen Anthony Lucassen and others.)

Although Martijn is still denying it, some crew members have already said Timo is the new guitar player for Delain to various Delain fansites. Also Timo has posted: "Yeah ik ben de nieuwe gitarist van Delain" (translate as: Yeah I'm the new guitar player for Delain) on his Hyves* page.

So, like I said, 99% sure that he is the new guitar player Very Happy

* hyves is like the Dutch version from Facebook
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:11 pm

I know that hyves is the 'less liked cousin of facebook' XD

Oooh, hopefully it is official! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
magnoly
The Escapist
The Escapist
magnoly

Female

Member Points :

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Wow 19-year-old? Cool Very Happy Hope they will make it official soon.
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-01-17

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Delain has moved record label from the awful Roadrunner NL to the excellent Napalm Records! This is great news! Let's hope they will now be allowed to be as heavy as they want and get Marco back on the next record. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
Darth
Feint
Feint
Darth

Male
Number of posts : 527
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Agonist
Theatre des Vampires
Tristania
Member Points :

Registration date : 2013-01-13

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:11 pm

And in other kind of news, Charlotte broke her arm, but she seems OK.

Delain news thread 1361463152-735063206
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/Darth
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Awesome news! About Napalm Records that is of course. Razz I doubt they won't let them be heavy, just look at most of the bands on the label.
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
wtdylan97
Lost
Lost
wtdylan97

Male
Number of posts : 2
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation, The Gathering, After Forever, Delain, Epica
Member Points :

Registration date : 2013-02-22

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm so glad they have moved to Napalm Records, after all of the trouble they went through with Roadrunner just to get We Are the Others released!
Back to top Go down
http://ashingtonshotokankarate.co.uk
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Member Points :
Delain news thread Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Delain news thread Right_bar_bleue

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 am

They will be touring North America with Kamelot!

http://www.kamelot.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/US-2013V2_web.jpg

*GASPS* I must go!!!
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:53 am

JEALOUS OF YOU.
Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Member Points :

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:08 pm

So my mother apparently already took the day off, which looks like I'm probably gonna get to go! Dancing banana The tickets just need to be bought now.

Anyone else planning on going? Very Happy I'll be going to the Atlanta show most likely (unless something were to come up, but I don't even wanna think about that...)
Back to top Go down
Darth
Feint
Feint
Darth

Male
Number of posts : 527
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Agonist
Theatre des Vampires
Tristania
Member Points :

Registration date : 2013-01-13

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:41 am

Their new album should be out in May !

Delain Facebook Page wrote:
Delain releases special album 'Interlude' in May!

Dear Delainers, We've got great news: A new records is on its way, and it's going to be special! We'd like to thank you, our loyal supporters by presenting you this release in May. Please read the press statement below:

"Interlude" is an fantastic blend of brand-new songs, special versions and mixes of popular DELAIN tracks, covers, and the beautiful single "Are You Done With Me". Thanks to the new mix, the well-known anthem shines with a new-found splendor. The album includes a special DVD featuring exclusive live footage and clips from the band's career. "Interlude"is not only a must for loyal DELAIN fans, but also for those who have not experienced the music by Delain so far. It is the perfect introduction to the world of DELAIN and the starting point to an emotional and bombastic journey!

Interlude: Special Album feat 13 tracks. (new songs, covers, live tracks.) DVD including live tracks from MFVF 2012, video's & specials

Release Dates
01.05.2013 ESP/SWE/NOR
03.05.2013 G/A/S/FIN & Benelux
06.05.2013 Rest of Europe
07.05.2013 USA/CAN/RoW

Pre- order available for Germany/Austria/Switzerland here, pre-order for other countries will follow.

Tracklisting CD:
1. Breathe On Me
2. Collars And Suits
3. Are You Done With Me (new single mix)
4. Such A Shame
5. Cordell
6. Smalltown Boy
7. We Are The Others (new ballad version)
8. Mother Machine (live)
9. Get The Devil Out Of Me (live)
10. Milk And Honey (live)
11. Invidia (live)
12. Electricity (live)
13. Not Enough (live)

Bonus DVD:
1. Invidia (Video Live @ MFVFestival)
2. Electricity (Video Live @ MFVFestival)
3. We Are The Others (Video Live @ MFVFestival)
4. Milk and Honey (Video Live @ MFVFestival)
5. Not Enough (Video Live @ MFVFestival)
6. Backstage footage
7. Get The Devil Out Of Me (Videoclip)
8. We Are The Others (Videoclip)
9. April Rain (Videoclip)
10. Frozen (Videoclip)
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/Darth
Sponsored content

Delain news thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delain news thread   Delain news thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delain news thread