Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LindLTaylor
Come Closer
Come Closer
LindLTaylor

Male
Number of posts : 262
Humor : Melancholic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Closterkeller and walls of Jericho
Member Points :
Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-03

Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Empty
PostSubject: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Some of you may know that its National Novel writing Month in england And I'm going to post some odd bits of my entry. So here's the first page tell me what you think. ( please excuse some spelling and punctuation it hasnt been proof read).

<>EDIT<> This is the slightly improved version of the first page <>EDIT<>

The shrill ring of the phone I had put on the table next to my bed wasn't exactly what I wanted to wake up to this morning, or should I say this evening. I sat up on the bed rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I picked up the phone. It was just as I had expected. I told them I would be there soon, although from this point on the thought of the sordid task they had in mind for me began to churn endlessly in my head.
“Just leave it and come back to bed” I heard my wife say with a groan.
“Sorry, no rest for the wicked” I replied jokingly although she wasn't to impressed by my wit at this hour of the night.
“When will you be back ?”
“I don't know. I'll try to get in before you head to work” As I spoke a look of concern made it's way across her face.
“I wish you would quit that awful job of yours” She said it with a expression that could only be described as a mix of disgust and disappointment, I wasn't going to get myself into this argument again. The room was in a dead silence as I got changed, but I still felt her eyes resting on me, she had done this every time, and every time I felt as if by going out I had betrayed her. When I left the room with what felt like the weight of the world on my concious I could her her fling her head back onto the pillow in anger, but knew I had to be there. I rushed down the stairs grabbed my coat and went to my car. I loved this car. A BMW 3 series with a black finish that shined as it caught the light of the street lamps whilst the engine purred like a tamed beast, it was the only saving grace I had when I was called up like this although it still never made the burden of this job any lighter. I had to snap out of my trance though, maybe it was because I was tired but my mind was wandering but I knew that when I got there I would have to divert all of my focus to the job at hand.
By the time I had got there the street was sealed off and I could see through the windows beyond the cordons that people where being questioned from inside their homes about what had happened. I stepped out of my car door just outside the taped off area as a over-eager constable approached me.
“excuse me sir I'm going to have to ask you to move on” he had said it in a very formal manner like every one had been told to on their first day of the job although you could hear he was unsure whether or not he had said the rite thing.
“I'm Detective Inspector Rivers” I told him as I flashed my badge to him “I was called to investigate”.
“I'm sorry Detective Inspector” he said with a nervous chuckle, “I had no idea” he didn't manage to look at me when he said this but instead peered down at the floor like a scolded dog.
“Don't worry about it” I replied making a attempt at a reassuring voice whilst stepping over the tape. There wasn't many people here I guess I was one of the few unlucky ones that where called up. As I came closer to the focus of every ones attention I could see the body lying there lifeless on the street through the door of the tent that was being used to hide it from the public's view. It was a murder. I spoke to the man heading the scene, his name was Jacob Winchester. Not the nicest thing to see after just waking up a hour ago. He was a small man with beady eyes and a uneven beard that looked as if he had started to shave and given up halfway through, he was the sort of person that no one liked talking to because this was just a job to him. He didn't see people he saw the hopeless, the “unlucky” and worst of all, all he saw was the corpse. He would never take a second just to think about the person that used to inhabit the now lifeless body he was always called to examine. He was that one person that doesn't cry at the funeral but instead just tells the grievers that “everyone's got to go some time”.
“D.I Rivers” he grunted at me in that hoarse smokers voice “glad to see you decided to join us” I glared at him, he knew I always showed up every time I was called on.
“Yeah I did sort of feel like showing up this time” as I spoke our eyes met with the same look of contempt and the deep underlying dislike of each other we had shared since the day we met could be almost felt lingering in the air between us. “So what have you found so far ?” I asked him going back to the matter at hand.
“The usual” he snapped “several knife wounds to the torso and arms, the weapon was a standard kitchen knife and has been found ditched in a bush less than two blocks away from the body”.
“Motive ?” I asked tentatively. The very mention of the word made him laugh that cruel laugh I got from him every time I asked that question.
“Do you know where you are ? This is London, people are practically killed for the sake of killing around here. You only have to look at the average yob and he'll pull a knife on you” I looked at him in disgust. How could somebody laugh about such senseless violence but then again I suppose it was stupid of me to ask him this question because that was the same answer I got ever time.
“What have the witness's said ?”

Last edited by LindLTaylor on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 pm

I like it! It may need some more structure and body to it but you have a good story line.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
LindLTaylor
Come Closer
Come Closer
LindLTaylor

Male
Member Points :
Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Its really just a pilot the steriotype detective is kinda boring and i've just introduced the main character now Razz
Back to top Go down
Enigma
The Escapist
The Escapist
Enigma

Male
Number of posts : 1495
Humor : He he he, Why So Serious?
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation and Delain
Your Band Name : If i had a good pair of lungs and a band. I suppose we would be called Devils Hand
Member Points :
Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:11 pm

Wow, i like the storyline and i want to read more, put more up now
Back to top Go down
LindLTaylor
Come Closer
Come Closer
LindLTaylor

Male
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Next bit adding to the first might replace it with a updated version later

<>EDIT<>This section is going through a entire rebuff <>EDIT<>

Last edited by LindLTaylor on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LindLTaylor
Come Closer
Come Closer
LindLTaylor

Male
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:41 pm

SCRAP THE LAST SECTION I POSTED
I re-read it and all I could think of was 100 monkey's on 100 type writers and there was no work of shakespear coming from it
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:59 pm

I like it. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
LindLTaylor
Come Closer
Come Closer
LindLTaylor

Male
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Ok last night I updated all of the posts and will try to do that every day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry   Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joseph's NaNoWriMo Novel entry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muses Of Metal :: General :: Cave Of Creativity-
Jump to: