Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate My Winter Storm

Go down 
+16
magnoly
GhostOfCosmos
Mitternacht
helenaistheomelette
Marit
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
KellieBent
EnaGothic
NocturnalConcerto
Mariel
Ana_C
Frozen_Angel
Lawliet
PaleEnchantress
shadowlight166
Lady Draconian
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Rate My Winter Storm
1/5
Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_lcap4%Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
2/5
Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_lcap7%Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
3/5
Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_lcap21%Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
4/5
Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_lcap39%Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 11 ]
5/5
Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_lcap29%Rate My Winter Storm I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

Rate My Winter Storm Empty
PostSubject: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:37 pm

What do you rate Tarjas' MWS?

Last edited by Lady Draconian on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
shadowlight166
Come Closer
Come Closer
shadowlight166

Female
Number of posts : 326
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:58 pm

4/5 because I think that it is really good but not quite perfect enough for a 5, there were some weaker songs on it
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:55 am

3/5 for me It was a let down and only had a few good songs on it, the vocal performances made the lyrics sound better than they really were, as the lyrics were awful. If I had my own way I'd sack Tarjas' lyricist.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
PaleEnchantress
Come Closer
Come Closer
PaleEnchantress

Female
Number of posts : 364
Humor : euphoric
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:50 pm

3/5
Back to top Go down
http://rigoleoteam.weebly.com

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:21 pm

5/5

Perfect!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:43 pm

4/5

Some songs were good and had a good sound to them. I found the song Calling Grace to my disliking. And i also enjoy to my suprise Tarja's cover of Alice Cooper's Posion to me liking. The lyrics through is what I had problems with. At times it seen like a giant gap was missing from them. One moment she is saying something nad the next it saying something totally differant.
Back to top Go down
Lawliet
Lost
Lost
Lawliet

Number of posts : 39
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish
Member Points :

Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:04 pm

I thought MWS was very generic and uninteresting. However it does show potential especially with regards to Tarja own skills as a writer/composer. Oasis is a haunting track, Mrs Turunen mustn't underestimate her own abilities, some of the 'professional' writers created songs that were absolute rubbish. And the Poison cover was beyond dire. 2/5
Back to top Go down
Frozen_Angel
Lost
Lost
Frozen_Angel

Female
Number of posts : 36
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : after forever
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:13 pm

4/5 because it was a great album but she can even better! go tarja go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarjaturunengr.com
Ana_C
Lost
Lost
Ana_C

Female
Number of posts : 7
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:34 pm

4/5. Actually I expected less. The album is very good, very atmospheric, but she could do SOOO much better. She's proven her writing skills with Oasis (one of the best tracks), so my expectations for the next album are high.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightshade.co.nr
Mariel
Lost
Lost
Mariel

Female
Number of posts : 89
Humor : :)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Old Nightwish, Evanescence, Xandria and Leaves' Eyes
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue22 / 10022 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:14 am

5/5 it is a masterpiece, I love every single song on it, my favourite is Damned And Divine Smile I just love her voice, her style and the artwork too *is having a fangirl moment* lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/marieldrl

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:40 pm

The scores overtook much of the album.
Back to top Go down
Frozen_Angel
Lost
Lost
Frozen_Angel

Female
Number of posts : 36
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : after forever
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:16 am

i have to say that the artwork for the cd was excellent Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarjaturunengr.com
PaleEnchantress
Come Closer
Come Closer
PaleEnchantress

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:40 pm

I say: I voted 3/5 but Tarja performance was 5/5
Back to top Go down
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:55 pm

5/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Number of posts : 4752
Humor : Bwahahaha
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:23 pm

5/5
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/enaanette

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Lady Draconian wrote:
3/5 for me It was a let down and only had a few good songs on it, the vocal performances made the lyrics sound better than they really were, as the lyrics were awful. If I had my own way I'd sack Tarjas' lyricist.

The lyrics were indeed very bad. It was a huge hunk was missing from each of them.
Back to top Go down
PaleEnchantress
Come Closer
Come Closer
PaleEnchantress

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 pm

And2DieIsEasy wrote:
Lady Draconian wrote:

The lyrics were indeed very bad. It was a huge hunk was missing from each of them.

yes, I don't like the lyrics
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Lost
Lost

Female
Number of posts : 46
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:11 pm

3/5. It's a good album I just wish there was more of Tarja in it. Hopefully her next album will more written more by her so we get more of a feeling of who she is as a solo artist.

I love all the songs and her vocals are great it's just missing personality.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 6329
Humor : Cry With A Smile :`)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica,Tristania & Within Temptation
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:45 am

3/5

Tarja`s performance was amaizing but I find the lyrics and the songs boring.I think she can do better!
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com
Marit
The Escapist
The Escapist
Marit

Female
Number of posts : 1040
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:59 am

5/5 Smile
Back to top Go down
helenaistheomelette
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
helenaistheomelette

Female
Number of posts : 4470
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:58 am

3/5
Tarja sounded absolutely great on it but the lyricist was crap.
Back to top Go down
Mitternacht
Lost
Lost
Mitternacht

Female
Number of posts : 44
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Old Nightwish , Tarja Turunen, Epica, Leaves' Eyes, Luna Obscura, Within Temptation ,After Forever .......
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:12 am

5/5
The album was and still is amazing!!!
After Oasis, and knowing she wrote the lyrics for her new album ....i am sure it'll be better than MWS and the new things nightwish will have...if the band will have something in future
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Number of posts : 4752
Humor : Bwahahaha
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:15 am

Nightwish will have future , and Tarja too =)
I am sure that her new album will be great. She has a great voice.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/enaanette
Mitternacht
Lost
Lost
Mitternacht

Female
Number of posts : 44
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Old Nightwish , Tarja Turunen, Epica, Leaves' Eyes, Luna Obscura, Within Temptation ,After Forever .......
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:33 am

Yes it will be ....but why are nightwish going to do more bad to themselfs ....if they change netti ...it will be better !!!
Back to top Go down
GhostOfCosmos
The Escapist
The Escapist
GhostOfCosmos

Female
Number of posts : 1400
Humor : Unusually dry.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania
Member Points :
Rate My Winter Storm Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Rate My Winter Storm Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:29 am

4/5 - It's a good album, though a very mixed bag in terms of quality. There are some songs that are fantastic (Oasis, Our Great Divide, The Reign) whilst others are just downright crap (Die Alive and the cover of Poison - Christ, my ears were bleeding first time I heard it >.>).
I hope that What Lies Beneath will be a big improvement, because if it's not, I can safely say that Tarja is nothing without Nightwish.
Back to top Go down
http://thirtyxanatospileup.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Winter Storm   Rate My Winter Storm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate My Winter Storm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next