Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Passion Play - Discussion

Go down 
+16
Mitternacht
magnoly
vanessaweber
GhostOfCosmos
Horrible Histories
Wyld_stallyon
Universe
nata
Marit
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
KellieBent
Franneke
NocturnalConcerto
Lady Draconian
Lawliet
EnaGothic
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favourite DPP song
The Poet And The Pendulum
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap45%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 10 ]
Bye Bye Beautiful
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap14%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Amaranth
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap9%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Cadence Of Her Last Breath
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap0%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Master Passion Greed
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap9%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Eva
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap0%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sahara
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap5%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Whoever Brings The Night
 0% [ 0 ]
For The Heart I Once Had
 0% [ 0 ]
The Islander
 0% [ 0 ]
7 Days To The Wolves
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap5%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Meadows Of Heaven
 9% [ 2 ]
The Escapist
Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_lcap4%Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Number of posts : 4752
Humor : Bwahahaha
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

Dark Passion Play - Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Dark Passion Play - Discussion 11rryhd

Write what do you think about new NW album ?

P.S. Do not use rude comments
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/enaanette

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:47 pm

I think it was rather overrated and mainstream. I found Anette's vocal performance to not be so great. The cd came off as pop-metal to me.
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:34 pm

For me it's the same Nightwish just with different vocals!
I think that Maestro Tuomas and his beautiful lyrics made this awesome band!
Back to top Go down
Lawliet
Lost
Lost
Lawliet

Number of posts : 39
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:34 pm

It was a direct follow on from Once in my eyes. Except it seemed more 'put together'. I didn't really care for Once, but DPP had more energy, more passion. It was vibre and powerful. Emotions all over the place. My 2nd favourite album.
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Yeah! It's the BEST their album I have ever heard!
Anette sings FANTASTIC ! My mum loves the new album and she and my aunt are going on concert with me Very Happy !
I grow up in metal family
Back to top Go down
Lawliet
Lost
Lost
Lawliet

Number of posts : 39
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:08 pm

Same here. My mother wanted Nightwish CDs for her 50th Bday.
When she first heard DPP she instantly recognised it as NW, but thought Anette was the original singer. Now I think she prefers Tarja, and always plays Wishmaster in the car.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:28 pm

My family hate metal, I've always been know as the 'different' kid. Smart, no mental problems and a metal loving goth.

Anyways I'm not over-keen on DPP.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:19 pm

My all family loves metal .Even my aunt is latino soul she loves DPP , and especially Tuomas lol!
Back to top Go down
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:39 am

I love this platter.
Maestro Tuomas has made a great job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
Franneke
Lost
Lost
Franneke

Female
Number of posts : 66
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : After Forever and The Gathering
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:55 pm

Love it! Very Happy
It's my second favourite album ( first is Oceanborn) I think it's a great piece, TPATP is one of best NW song by far IMO, also Sahara and Master Passion Greed Very Happy I think Anette's vocals suit the music really well! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/afterforever_chile
KellieBent
Lost
Lost

Female
Number of posts : 46
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:50 pm

I love Dark Passion Play. It is a real mixture of emotions from Tuomas. The anger of Master Passion Greed and Bye Bye Beautiful and then theres Amaranth that has so much hope Smile The Poet And The Pendulum is just epic and perfect and Cadence Of Her Last Breath is the most personal song for me and the NW song I relate to most.

The music and lyrics grew as they do on every album and Anette brought alot of passion to the album Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 6329
Humor : Cry With A Smile :`)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica,Tristania & Within Temptation
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:06 am

My 3rd favorite NW album Very Happy
I dont find it 100% similar to Once,I actually think that each aklbum has a diffrent style+I absolutely love Anette`s voice! I love you TPATP will alwys be one of my fave NW songs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com
Marit
The Escapist
The Escapist
Marit

Female
Number of posts : 1040
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:06 pm

My second favourite album. It's really great.
Back to top Go down
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:49 am

Fantastic album!!!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:24 am

My second now.Even though itf might me more mainstream than the others i totally love the variety on this album,and the "celtic"touch in some songs.And Anette sounds gorgeus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Best Dark Passion Play song   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Which one do YOU choose??

I choose The Poet And The Pendulum. And it's the best NW song (for me). Pure masterpiece
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 pm

The Poet And The Pendulum.Masterpiece.5 songs glued perfectly Smile .And I'll never forget the red ribbon I still have it Razz

I also love Sahara,it's such an unique song,and The Escapist has such wonderful lyrics I love you
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Yup. On the part when lights are turning down...and BOOM with those ribbons...
I WANNA GO BACK!!!!!!!! :cryy:
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Anette sat down on the stage when she sang "Mother and Father".I cried Sad
Back to top Go down
nata
Head Up High
Head Up High
nata

Female
Number of posts : 114
Humor : In very large doses.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Leave's Eyes, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Under construction. Nooo, I don't mean that's the band's name, I mean the name is still being worked on!
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:51 pm

i was stuck between the islander and meadows, but in the end i chose the meadows. ;p
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rodopetala
Universe
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Universe

Male
Number of posts : 4460
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica, Mandragora Scream, In Silentio Noctis, Amaranthe, 2 Times Terror, HB, UnSun, Eilera, Darzamat, Kivimetsän Druidi, Villieläin, Depressed Mode
Your Band Name : EneUniverse
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 am

Ena why did you leave Last of the Wilds out?
That would have been my favourite.. well then i must choose The Escapist Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:34 am

It's instrumental one. I wanted to see which song with lyrics is best for you;)
Back to top Go down
Universe
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Universe

Male
Number of posts : 4460
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica, Mandragora Scream, In Silentio Noctis, Amaranthe, 2 Times Terror, HB, UnSun, Eilera, Darzamat, Kivimetsän Druidi, Villieläin, Depressed Mode
Your Band Name : EneUniverse
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:58 am

Oh but it's still one of the songs, important part of the perfect combination Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 pm

The Poet And The Pendulum
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Dark Passion Play - Discussion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dark Passion Play - Discussion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:48 pm

TPATP one of only Anette songs I like.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Passion Play - Discussion   Dark Passion Play - Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Passion Play - Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next