Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?

Go down 
+2
whorehoundine
Hapfairy
6 posters

Yes
Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_vote_lcap56%Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 18 ]
No
Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_vote_lcap44%Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Empty
PostSubject: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:45 am

Just seen some debate about this on tumblr... curious to know what people think.

I personally am glad that she still sings them, because I never got to see her perform with Nightwish. But I understand why people think she should stick to her own career.
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Number of posts : 885
Humor : Sick and twisted.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation / Lacuna Coil / Draconian / Tristania / Mortal Love / Katra / Leaves Eyes' / Diablo Swing Orchestra / Sirenia / Nightwish / Therion / Tarja
Member Points :
Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:59 pm

I'll probably get shot for this, but I think she should stay away from them for eternity. Do you see Nightwish perform her songs? No... I find it incredibly lame that on one side she slates Nightwish for her songs and promotes herself as a pure, innocent victim of all this (like in Enough or Dark Star), but on the other she still keeps on performing Nightwish songs, she has never contributed in writing them anyway... Of course it's just my opinion, and I'm sorry if anyone'll find it offensive -_- I just don't think that after all this she should even touch them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/RinaSpk
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:09 pm

I agree with, whorehoudine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
Sorcha
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Sorcha

Female
Number of posts : 3858
Humor : You wouldn't want to know..
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tarja, Delain, Marenne, Within Temptation, Epica.
Member Points :
Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Yes I think she should. She recorded them with the others and so they are just as much her songs as they are of the Nightwish guys. Those songs belong to her carreer. She shouldn't start singing the songs Nightwish recorded without her though.
If you don't want her to sing Nightwish songs for the reasons stated above, you also wouldn't want Nightwish to perform the songs recorded with Tarja on vocals live with Anette. She didn't recorded them, hasn't wrote them or contributed for them in any way.
The songs pre 2005 belong just as much to Tarja as to Marco, Emppu, Jukka, Tuomas and Sami (pre 2001).
Back to top Go down
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation / Lacuna Coil / Draconian / Tristania / Mortal Love / Katra / Leaves Eyes' / Diablo Swing Orchestra / Sirenia / Nightwish / Therion / Tarja
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Sorcha wrote:
Yes I think she should. She recorded them with the others and so they are just as much her songs as they are of the Nightwish guys. Those songs belong to her carreer. She shouldn't start singing the songs Nightwish recorded without her though.
If you don't want her to sing Nightwish songs for the reasons stated above, you also wouldn't want Nightwish to perform the songs recorded with Tarja on vocals live with Anette. She didn't recorded them, hasn't wrote them or contributed for them in any way.
The songs pre 2005 belong just as much to Tarja as to Marco, Emppu, Jukka, Tuomas and Sami (pre 2001).

I don't think Nightwish should do the old songs anymore either. But it's the guys who wrote them, therefore they can do whatever they want with them, record them with whoever they want, they have all the rights to them. But of course, each to their own. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't see a problem with it if she's only doing 1 or 2. And often she does a cover that she did with Nightwish instead - e.g Phantom of the Opera or Where Were You Last Night.

I totally get the reasoning behind people who are against it, but my (somewhat selfish) reasoning for wanting Nightwish and Tarja to perform old songs is so that I can get a chance to see them live. It's such a good feeling to hear an old favourite. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Hapfairy wrote:
I don't see a problem with it if she's only doing 1 or 2. And often she does a cover that she did with Nightwish instead - e.g Phantom of the Opera or Where Were You Last Night.

I totally get the reasoning behind people who are against it, but my (somewhat selfish) reasoning for wanting Nightwish and Tarja to perform old songs is so that I can get a chance to see them live. It's such a good feeling to hear an old favourite. Smile

Possibly. That would be an only reason I'd want to hear it myself too. Razz
Back to top Go down
Piotrek
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 67
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish (with Tarja), Epica, After Forever
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Hapfairy wrote:
It's such a good feeling to hear an old favourite. Smile
I definitely agree that it's great to hear her singing "Wishmaster" or other Nightwish era concert hits, but alsol I think that as her solo career unfolds she should place more and more stress on her solo work and limit herself to, say, 1 or 2 Nw songs per a setlist. I guess that this will happen anyway, on condition that she will record enough songs that will gain the status similar to old tracks.
As it is, whenever the people I know get excited about a Tarja gig in Poland and start to create their "dream setlists", they typically begin with Nightwish songs.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Lost
Lost

Female
Number of posts : 8
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:43 pm

whorehoundine wrote:
I'll probably get shot for this, but I think she should stay away from them for eternity. Do you see Nightwish perform her songs? No...

The rest of Nightwish didn't perform on her songs so they wouldn't play them. Tarja was a part of the Nightwish songs, I'm glad she played them when I saw her. The crowd went mad too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metaltavern.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs?   Should Tarja keep singing Nightwish songs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1