Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?

Go down 
+25
vanessaweber
Changed?
MrReneRamos
Sorcha
Horrible Histories
7thSaviour
Mariel
magnoly
Mitternacht
nata
Aurora
Phoenix
looveWTandNW
helenaistheomelette
DarkSonOfPersephone
Marit
xwesx
NocturnalConcerto
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
KellieBent
Franneke
EnaGothic
Lawliet
Universe
Lady Draconian
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Is Anette Right?
Yes
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_vote_lcap70%Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 35 ]
No
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_vote_lcap26%Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 13 ]
I'm Not Sure
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_vote_lcap4%Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Do you think that Anette is the right frontwoman/vocalist for Nightwish?

I personally think Nightwish could had done way better than Anette. I understand how Tuomas felt finding another classical vocalist wouldn't work because she would alwys be second to Tarja.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Re-voted yes.

Last edited by Lady Draconian on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:49 pm

If a singer has a natural pop voice and is a real metalhead such as Monika Pedersen than I have no problem with them being in metal.
Back to top Go down
Universe
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Universe

Male
Number of posts : 4460
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica, Mandragora Scream, In Silentio Noctis, Amaranthe, 2 Times Terror, HB, UnSun, Eilera, Darzamat, Kivimetsän Druidi, Villieläin, Depressed Mode
Your Band Name : EneUniverse
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:23 pm

No, she is really out of the world in NW
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Lawliet
Lost
Lost
Lawliet

Number of posts : 39
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 8:45 pm

Without a doubt, it's a yes!
Anette is like a breathe of fresh air, she has such passionate vocals, that has given new life to many old songs. I personally love her version of Nemo, WIHAA, Come Cover Me and SoW.
Back to top Go down
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Number of posts : 4752
Humor : Bwahahaha
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Anette is right for NW
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/enaanette
Franneke
Lost
Lost
Franneke

Female
Number of posts : 66
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : After Forever and The Gathering
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:03 pm

Totally yes, without any doubt! She has been best option for NW and last November 23th I noticed why she was the choice I love you Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/afterforever_chile
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:43 am

Lawliet wrote:
Without a doubt, it's a yes!
Anette is like a breathe of fresh air, she has such passionate vocals, that has given new life to many old songs. I personally love her version of Nemo, WIHAA, Come Cover Me and SoW.

Same here....she has a such beautiful voice....
I read that she is lyric soprano Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:26 am

By jove, no way is Annete a lyrical soprano!
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:21 pm

I read that she is....
all to all....she has awesome voice (for me)
I found that somewhere....
Tuomas wanted her to be new NW singer which tells us that she can sing
That's my thinking

GO ANETTE !!!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU !!!
Back to top Go down
Lawliet
Lost
Lost
Lawliet

Number of posts : 39
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:03 pm

I don't think she is a soprano since Tarja was only a mezzo, and I would very much doubt that Anette's range is greater then Tarja's.
Back to top Go down
KellieBent
Lost
Lost

Female
Number of posts : 46
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Yes I really do think she is Smile I personally dont think her voice sounds poppy but I dont really care because I love her voice. She has a gorgeous voice and I really believe she suits Nightwish.

Tuomas, Emppu, Jukka and Marco obviously thought she was right for the job and I think they made the best choice. If they had picked another classical vocalist she'd only be second best.

Anette brings so much more emotion to the songs and also slight hope. I always found Ever Dream such a desperate song but she brought hope into it, which also brought hope into me.

After seeing her twice I can also say she has amazing stage presence. I think she is perfect for Nightwish.

I have been a fan since 04 or 05 before they split anyway, so I am a fan of Tarja as well. I'm not blindly being a fangirl Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Treasure
Treasure
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female
Number of posts : 6329
Humor : Cry With A Smile :`)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica,Tristania & Within Temptation
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:20 am

I think she was a good choice.NW wanted a new style and here we are.Plus,Anette has a gorgeus voice Wink
Back to top Go down
http://martyrsofthefreeword.bigforumonline.com
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:31 am

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
I think she was a good choice.NW wanted a new style and here we are.Plus,Anette has a gorgeus voice Wink

Yes! Tuomy didn't want Tarja's copy! And I need to dsay that I read somewhere that she is mezzo
She is being herself (altough that f****** stylist changed her style)
You say that she is poppy just 'cause she listened to ABBA?! Ofc they are from sweeden and great 80's pop , but today's pop is...I won't say. Also she adores Epica , Within Temptation , TAROT , Amorphis...
So...people...don't kill me...but I am saying my thinking!
Back to top Go down
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Yes, really!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
xwesx
Lost
Lost
xwesx

Male
Number of posts : 40
Humor : Dark and sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:47 am

I think she was a great choice , first off she was a breath of fresh air to be honest i think nightwish was getting stale and needed a new direction , the opera thing was getting old for them and starting to be a crutch, and secondly tarja live was boreing as hell and waiting on her to change out fits was regodamndiculis. i saw annette live and she was amazing , she got the crowd really worked up and into it and the girl oozes charisma, shes so cute and like able on stage you cant help but to love her.

the shes not metal argument is just stupid , tarja wasnt metal she sang opera for christ sake, yea maybe annette doesnt dress like your typical little goth metal girl but nightwish has never been about style or clothing its about music and i think that annette doesnt dress in the typical goth girl uniform and has her own style says a lot of about her as a person , she stepped into some really big shoes and took alot of flack for doing so but has still remained true to herself
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xwesx1978
EnaGothic
Countess Of Midnight
Countess Of Midnight
EnaGothic

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:26 pm

xwesx[u] wrote:
I think she was a great choice , [/u]first off she was a breath of fresh air to be honest i think nightwish was getting stale and needed a new direction , the opera thing was getting old for them and starting to be a crutch, and secondly tarja live was boreing as hell and waiting on her to change out fits was regodamndiculis. i saw annette live and she was amazing , she got the crowd really worked up and into it and the girl oozes charisma, shes so cute and like able on stage you cant help but to love her.
the shes not metal argument is just stupid , tarja wasnt metal she sang opera for christ sake, yea maybe annette doesnt dress like your typical little goth metal girl but nightwish has never been about style or clothing its about music and i think that annette doesnt dress in the typical goth girl uniform and has her own style says a lot of about her as a person , she stepped into some really big shoes and took alot of flack for doing so but has still remained true to herself

Finally! Someone who doesn't look at the look of a person! I agree with you! NW is the same just a different vocals! Yes , maybe she doesn't dress like a Goth girl and if she wants or doesn't want that-Who cares! For me it is important that she is happy , alive and healthy!
I agree with you! She is toooo cute and kind person (people , believe me! I met her)
Back to top Go down
Marit
The Escapist
The Escapist
Marit

Female
Number of posts : 1040
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:59 am

Yes. I like her voice and it's great that NW decided not to have a classical singer.
But somehow I have a wierd feeling that Anette is not going to be in NW for a very long time. I'm not saying that I don't want her to be there because I do, but I just have that feeling.
Back to top Go down
DarkSonOfPersephone
Lost
Lost
DarkSonOfPersephone

Male
Number of posts : 20
Humor : Dimmu Borgir!!!
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : THERION!!!
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 am

Yes!!! Well I dont think that Anette was the best option,or even that she´s really great,but I definitely prefer her than Tarja,so she is right with Nightwish!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Griefshire16&view=co
helenaistheomelette
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
helenaistheomelette

Female
Number of posts : 4470
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:55 am

YES YES YES!!!! Anette is perfect for Nightwish, everyone in the band loves her! I think she's a breath of fresh air! Tarja was great, and I'm a massive fan of her work but the band just didn't like her.
If you want to hate Anette and worship Tarja, go and listen to her music and leave Nightwish behind. DPP was their best-selling album -- I have it aswell.
Back to top Go down
NocturnalConcerto
Tristania Lover
Tristania Lover
NocturnalConcerto

Female
Number of posts : 2775
Humor : The Sins Of The Beloved, Tristania
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:43 pm

WTrocker wrote:
YES YES YES!!!! Anette is perfect for Nightwish, everyone in the band loves her! I think she's a breath of fresh air! Tarja was great, and I'm a massive fan of her work but the band just didn't like her.
If you want to hate Anette and worship Tarja, go and listen to her music and leave Nightwish behind. DPP was their best-selling album -- I have it aswell.

FantastiC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ethearealdream
looveWTandNW
Lost
Lost
looveWTandNW

Female
Number of posts : 66
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica
Your Band Name : Morningstar
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:17 pm

I think Anette is perfect for Nightwish! I love her energy and power when she's on stage! And she has a good relation with the band what I think that doesnt happened with Tarja..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/looveWTandNW
Phoenix
Lost
Lost
Phoenix

Female
Number of posts : 16
Humor : crazy:)
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish,Tarja,After Forever,Elis,Xandria,Within Temptation,Epica,Lacuna Coil,Theatres des vampires.......
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:04 am

Yes,she's cool. Tarja's voice to the soul,but Anette's voice to the "body".She is something new. I love her very much in Alyson Avenue,but in NW Anette isn't bad too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://vkontakte.ru/id14152635?96761
Aurora
Lost
Lost
Aurora

Female
Number of posts : 4
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica,Nightwish,Lacuna Coil,After Forever...
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:21 am

Firstly i thought that she was the wrong voice for NW but after i listened the album few times, I realized that she is the right voice. But absolutely it has a big different between the NW with Tarja.
Back to top Go down
nata
Head Up High
Head Up High
nata

Female
Number of posts : 114
Humor : In very large doses.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Leave's Eyes, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Under construction. Nooo, I don't mean that's the band's name, I mean the name is still being worked on!
Member Points :
Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:58 pm

i've been a fan of nightwish since the tarja era, but i must say, i didn't even blink an eye when anette came along. she's perfect for the band, humorous, loving, down to earth, and DAMN i love that woman! xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rodopetala
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?   Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do You Think Anette Is Right For Nightwish?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next