Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
helenaistheomelette
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
helenaistheomelette

Female
Number of posts : 4470
Member Points :
My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-13

My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Empty
PostSubject: My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants.   My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:36 pm

I think I'll start this. Might be a complete waste of time and space, but who cares?

Right. My first rant.

Cartoon characters as your profile picture on Facebook to raise awareness of child abuse.

Are you taking the piss or something. Just. What.
Do you honestly think that a parent or guardian will go on Facebook one day, after a good old beating, see the profile pictures and think 'OMFG, what have I been doing wrong. I'll go and hug my child and apologise because all of my Facebook friends have changed their photos to raise awareness.'

Just no.

You want to raise awareness and help? Donate some fucking money and shut up.

It's ridiculous. It's not going to help kids. It's not raising awareness - in fact, I'm guessing 95% of the people participating are only doing it to show off how cool they are re-living their pathetic childhoods. So please, I'd rather see your pouty-arsed faces in front of your bathroom mirror.
Back to top Go down
Wyld_stallyon
Webmaster
Webmaster
Wyld_stallyon

Male
Number of posts : 4659
Humor : "I love trigonometry" "Why" "Oh, you know... Just cos"
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Nightwish and Within Temptation
Member Points :
My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants.   My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:30 pm

I actually took part in that, but you're right, I just wanted to show off my love for Flint the Time Detective xD
Back to top Go down
http://splood.tumblr.com
helenaistheomelette
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
helenaistheomelette

Female
Number of posts : 4470
Member Points :
My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants.   My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Well apparently a group of pedophiles thought of it so that children will accept all the smiley cartoons instead of their real, ugly faces. The NSPCC had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hate to rub it in. Razz
Back to top Go down
Wyld_stallyon
Webmaster
Webmaster
Wyld_stallyon

Male
Number of posts : 4659
Humor : "I love trigonometry" "Why" "Oh, you know... Just cos"
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Nightwish and Within Temptation
Member Points :
My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants.   My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:12 pm

xD Oh well, it's not hurting anyone, and it's kind of fun to reminisse about all the epic cartoons of the 90s.
Back to top Go down
http://splood.tumblr.com
Changed?
Come Closer
Come Closer
Changed?

Number of posts : 412
Humor : Twisted and Random
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Agonist, Draconian, Sirenia
Member Points :
My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants.   My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:59 am

Finally someone who agrees with me. What the hell will a cartoon avatar do for child abuse. This will NOT raise awareness. It just tells me what your favorite cartoon is. Raising awareness is having a bake sale while passing out pamphlets on what child abuse is. And then donating the money to an abuse program. By displaying your favorite cartoon, your just taking an easy way out of raising awareness.
Back to top Go down
http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants.   My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My ever-so amazing and pessimistic rants.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muses Of Metal :: General :: Cave Of Creativity-
Jump to: