Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tarja or Anette?

Go down 
+26
Brummie
EmptyEyes
ElineEpica
vanessaweber
7thSaviour
magnoly
Sir Integra
Mitternacht
GhostOfCosmos
MinaSophia
HORNET
Amairwyn
nata
Marit
Phoenix
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
firestorm
NocturnalConcerto
Mariel
Frozen_Angel
EnaGothic
Lawliet
Universe
PaleEnchantress
Cyan
Lady Draconian
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Tarja or Anette?
Tarja
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap44%Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 24 ]
Anette
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 11 ]
Both
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap35%Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 54

AuthorMessage
MinaSophia
Lost
Lost
MinaSophia

Number of posts : 36
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica and Tarja Turunen
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-13

Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Lady Draconian wrote:
Not always a requirement. Take Autumn and Delain for example. Low voices, symphonic metal. Smile So it can work with out having a classical singer.
Autumn and Delain didn't change their first singer =) Now they are the same as in the beginning.
But in Nightwish...They were sooo popular with Tarja and then POOF and we have Anette. I think, mostly people just can't accept that. They got used to listen to Nightwish with a classical singer...
For example, I'm really not against Anette, I just prefer Tarja more. But still I can't accept Anette in Nightwish. For me it's just another band now. I think many people will agree with me.
Back to top Go down
Sir Integra
Head Up High
Head Up High
Sir Integra

Female
Number of posts : 140
Humor : Psychopathic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Epica, Tristania, Draconian, Xandria
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Mad_Maudlin wrote:
^ This. Come on, the only reason why people are complaining about Anette is because she has a completely different vocal style to her predecessor. Would you rather have someone like that or a Tarja rip-off? Classically trained vocalists =/= Requirement for a symphonic/power metal band, kthnxbai.
Yes! I'm compeltely agree with you
That's the reason some people hate Anette.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/StormColdSoul
magnoly
The Escapist
The Escapist
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : EPICA

Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

I voted Both. Tarja suited very well NW music with her voice (of which I am not a fan) and style. But Anette actually was able to fit the band as well. I like her voice and we got new, full of energy band!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Lost
Lost

Male
Number of posts : 20
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:27 pm

TARJA 10/10
Anette 8/10
Back to top Go down
vanessaweber
Treasure
Treasure
vanessaweber

Female
Number of posts : 5875
Humor : Chuck Norris
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania!!!! Draconian, Withcbreed, Bare Infinity, The Agonist, Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever, Mandragora Scream, Elysion, How Like A Winter and so many more
Your Band Name : Layla's Lullaby
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:21 pm

BOTH!!!! <3
Back to top Go down
ElineEpica
Head Up High
Head Up High
ElineEpica

Female
Number of posts : 114
Humor : Quite silly actually
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : 1. Epica, as you might have noticed! Smile
2. Amaranthe
3. Tarja Turunen
4. Nightwish
5. After Forever/ReVamp
6. Stream of Passion
7. Within Temptation
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 am

Both. Smile

I'd say I prefer Tarja's voice, but Anette really makes Nightwish feel like a band again, not singer + the boys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Eline.t83.net/
EmptyEyes
The Escapist
The Escapist
EmptyEyes

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation, Edenbridge, Epica, Delain, Elis, Draconian, Nightwish, Sirenia, Visions Of Atlantis, Xandria, Pythia, Leaves' Eyes, Midnattsol, Closterkeller, Villieläin, lots more...
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:40 pm

I've always preferred Tarja, but I also really like Anette Smile
Back to top Go down
Brummie
Member Of The Month
Member Of The Month

Male
Number of posts : 118
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Both are really good singers and I could quite happily listen to and enjoy both.The thing to bear in mind is that they are two completely different style of singer and people will have personal preferences about whcih they like more.Having said that I might sit on the fence and while it might sound confusing I think Tarja as a singer has probably got the better voice (although hving heard Annette sing October & April with The Rasmus its a close run thing) I actually think Annettes voice is more suited to the Nightwish style of Music, I would add also that I think Tarja's solo work is actually slightly better than her Nightwish stuff.There that should stir up a hornets nest!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Brummiej
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:13 pm

^ I mostly agree with you actually Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
vanessaweber
Treasure
Treasure
vanessaweber

Female
Number of posts : 5875
Humor : Chuck Norris
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania!!!! Draconian, Withcbreed, Bare Infinity, The Agonist, Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever, Mandragora Scream, Elysion, How Like A Winter and so many more
Your Band Name : Layla's Lullaby
Member Points :

Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Brummie wrote:
Both are really good singers and I could quite happily listen to and enjoy both.The thing to bear in mind is that they are two completely different style of singer and people will have personal preferences about whcih they like more.Having said that I might sit on the fence and while it might sound confusing I think Tarja as a singer has probably got the better voice (although hving heard Annette sing October & April with The Rasmus its a close run thing) I actually think Annettes voice is more suited to the Nightwish style of Music, I would add also that I think Tarja's solo work is actually slightly better than her Nightwish stuff.There that should stir up a hornets nest!
Very Happy

Well Said Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mellscope
Lost
Lost
mellscope

Female
Number of posts : 3
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Delain, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Krypteria
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:36 am

I voted for both Smile I love them both for many different reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://last.fm/user/AmeHana
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:38 am

Anette, I like Tarja, but I find her to be highly overrated. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:37 pm

^ I agree. Tarja is extremely overrated.
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
whorehoundine
A New Decade
A New Decade
whorehoundine

Female
Number of posts : 885
Humor : Sick and twisted.
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Within Temptation / Lacuna Coil / Draconian / Tristania / Mortal Love / Katra / Leaves Eyes' / Diablo Swing Orchestra / Sirenia / Nightwish / Therion / Tarja
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Both. Even though I prefer Anette (I can forgive vocal issues if one manages to move me, and unlike Tarja, she does that to me a lot), Tarja is very special to me too.

To say, I hate comparing them, they're completely different and equally amazing. I just focus on the music, and how their vocals flow with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/RinaSpk
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Tumblr_ms79gvWr2G1rizh86o1_r1_500

Had to post this. So cute!
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:49 am

D'aww! I remember once I also saw Anette put a Tarja song in a list of her favorite songs. Nice to see maturity still exists in some people. Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarja or Anette?   Tarja or Anette? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tarja or Anette?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3