Muses Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Muses Of Metal forum

Guest!!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epica news

Go down 
+9
Hapfairy
sweet sorrow
Horrible Histories
magnoly
HORNET
helenaistheomelette
Wyld_stallyon
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Lady Draconian
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
magnoly
The Escapist
The Escapist
magnoly

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : EPICA

Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-11

Epica news - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:12 pm

European Tour Dates Very Happy

24-09-2010 Nosturi, Helsinki, Finland
26-09-2010 Debaser Slussen, Stockholm, Sweden
27-09-2010 John Dee, Oslo, Norway
28-09-2010 Sticky Fingers, Gothenburg, Sweden
30-09-2010 Eskulap, Poznan, Poland
01-10-2010 Rialto, Katowice, Poland
03-10-2010 Szene, Vienna, Austria
05-10-2010 New Age, Treviso, Italy
06-10-2010 Docks, Lausanne, Switzerland
07-10-2010 Backstage, Munich, Germany
09-10-2010 Colos-Saal, Aschaffenburg, Germany
10-10-2010 Tivoli, Bremen, Germany
16-10-2010 de Schakel, Reuver City, The Netherlands
28-10-2010 Elysee Montmartre, Paris, France
29-10-2010 La Laiterie, Strasbourg, France
30-10-2010 Transbordeur, Lyon, France
31-10-2010 Autunno Nero Festival, Liguria, Italy
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Number of posts : 20598
Humor : ( . ) ( . )
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : Sea Of Echoes, Carmella's Curse
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Epica news - Page 2 Epicawwf

Quote :
"This Is The Time", the new single from Dutch female-fronted symphonic metallers EPICA, will be released digitally on October 15. A video for the song, which was written for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), was filmed in March was in Hilversum, The Netherlands and can be viewed below.

For more than 45 years, WWF has been protecting the future of nature. The world's leading conservation organization, WWF works in 100 countries and is supported by 1.2 million members in the United States and close to 5 million globally. WWF's unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.

Commented EPICA: "The awareness that we should be more careful with the earth, increases every day. We should also try to live in closer harmony with nature. EPICA is lyric-wise strongly connected to these themes and would like to devote themselves to this cause for a better world!"

Added WWF's Jörgen van Beem: "WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of our planet's natural environment, and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. A planet where people and nature can thrive together, in a stable environment, now, and for generations to come. For more than 40 years, WWF has been at the forefront in protecting the Amazon and are therefore enthusiastic that EPICA decided to raise funds for the Brazilian forest programs of WWF, which ensure conservation and sustainable development throughout the world's largest rainforest."
Back to top Go down
http://withmyfaceturnedtothesun.tumblr.com/
HORNET
Head Up High
Head Up High
HORNET

Male
Number of posts : 194
Humor : yes
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Pythia, Triaxis, Tarja, Epica, Tristania, Imperia, Within, Lacuna`s, Nightwish Tarja, Nightwish Annete, Katra, And most of the others.
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:11 am

EPICA playing live in London at the Scala. (Kings Cross) 15//03//11 tickets £15
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tristania, Closterkeller, Van Canto, Seduce The Heaven, Within Temptation
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:50 pm

And Manchester, UK - March 13th 2010.
Back to top Go down
HORNET
Head Up High
Head Up High
HORNET

Male
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Pythia, Triaxis, Tarja, Epica, Tristania, Imperia, Within, Lacuna`s, Nightwish Tarja, Nightwish Annete, Katra, And most of the others.
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Revamp supporting!!!
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Number of posts : 1310
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation
Your Band Name : If I had one, I would call it Harlequin Valentine. Razz
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:06 pm

http://mariegc.com/wordpress/2011/08/published-a3-poster-advert-feature-pics/

The new issue of Terrorizer magazine features an A3 poster of Simone Very Happy

As far as I know Epica posters are rare - I saw people selling the pic of her from the free Metal Hammer calendar on ebay Razz so I'll definitely be grabbing this one for my collection!

EDIT - More news!
The band will start recording the new album on Wednesday!
They will also be going on a world tour for the album, and you can vote for support bands on their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/epica
Back to top Go down
http://hapfairy.blogspot.com/
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Epica just tweeted that the initials for the new album are RFTI.
Any guesses? Smile
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Humor : 'Join us next week on 'Let's Make No Fucking Sense' where I will be waxing an owl.'
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:00 pm

I can't come up with anything that isn't utterly ridiculous Razz
Back to top Go down
HORNET
Head Up High
Head Up High
HORNET

Male
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Or full of swear words!
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:24 pm

XD Well we'd best get guessing because Simone says the person who guesses the right title will win a SIGNED COPY!!!!!!!!!! Super happy
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:54 pm

I've thought of one that is not a bad title and makes sense, but I can't imagine Epica calling an album that! Hmm :3
Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Number of posts : 5159
Humor : Sarcastic
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Gathering
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 pm

New album is called Requiem For The Indifferent.

Hmm, I never would have guessed that one! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=sireniafan10
Sorcha
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Sorcha

Female
Number of posts : 3858
Humor : You wouldn't want to know..
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tarja, Delain, Marenne, Within Temptation, Epica.
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Quote :

Epica and Yves part ways
It is with sadness that we announce that Yves Huts and Epica have decided to part ways. Yves has been with us from the start and has been of great value to the band. We want to thank Yves for his contribution to Epica's success and wish him the very best in his future career, whether musically or in a different way. We will never forget the good times we shared together on the road!!

"Hi everybody,

013 is the venue where we did our first show with Epica and, almost a decade later, also my last. I'm leaving the band because I have another career opportunity that is not combinable with the schedule of a world touring band. I've tried to live these two different lives simultaniously for as long as I could but in the end I just had to make a choice, one of the most difficult ones in my life. I look back to these 10 years in Epica satisfied and enriched with life experience. As a founding member I'm proud of what we've achieved so far and I'm sure the future has a lot more great things in store for the band.
I would like to thank the band, crew, fans and everybody else involved for the good times and I wish my successor good luck.

Those of you that might be interested in any possible future musical plans of mine can visit my artist page on facebook

Kind regards
Yves Huts"

The silver lining to this cloud is that we can already announce an awesome successor. Fulfilling duties on bass from now on will be none other than Rob van der Loo. You might know Rob from his work with MaYaN or Delain. We are sure that Rob will fit perfectly as a musician and as a person, and we are looking forward to share the stage for the first time next week.

"A few days ago I spoke to Yves and he brought back a memory from the time when Epica was still a support band for one of my former bands. At that time he would never have guessed that almost 10 years later I'd be his successor in Epica... Well, neither did I... but I'm damn proud of it!
I've been sharing the stage with the people from Epica for almost ten years now, and becoming a member of MaYaN last year brought us even closer. So making the decision to join Epica feels pretty good. Therefore I want to show my gratitude to the bandmembers (including Yves) and the crew for allowing me in the Epica family!

See you guys on the road! I won't let you down!

source:http://www.epica.nl/

Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 pm

wow, I for one am SHOCKED! This is soo sad!!! Sad Yve is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Does anyone have any idea what this other career is?

I'm not sure why but I really wasn't surprised at all. He always seemed like he was really angry to me so when I read this I just thought he'd got angry with them and quit! But I don't think that was the case Razz
Back to top Go down
Sorcha
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Sorcha

Female
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : Tarja, Delain, Marenne, Within Temptation, Epica.
Member Points :
Epica news - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Epica news - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Guess he has a bit of an "angry-look" over him, yeah. But I've talked to him a couple of times and he never seems to be angry. Just a really nice and relaxed person ^^.

Hapfairy wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what this other career is?

I believe I red somewhere that he composes soundtrack music and works as a sound engineer/producer. Maybe that's the other carreer. Dunno for sure though..
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:54 pm

I guess I was also influenced by hearing that he shouted at my friend once, lol. But at least he apologised afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Hapfairy
Overseer
Overseer
Hapfairy

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 am

Rumour has it that Epica US tour dates will be announced today!
Back to top Go down
Sorcha
The Heart Of Everything
The Heart Of Everything
Sorcha

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Quote :
EPICA Singer Hit In Face By Flying Drumstick

According to Musica Metal, EPICA singer Simone Simons was hit in the face by a flying drumstick that slipped out of drummer Ariën van Weesenbeek's hands during the opening song of the band's April 17 concert at Alcatraz in Milan, Italy. Simone briefly left the stage to regain her composure before returning a few moments later to finish singing the track "Monopoly On Truth" with no problems and no apparent injuries.

action @ 6:40

Perfect timing from Ariën Very Happy. It can really hurt though so happy for Simone she's ok.
Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Poor Simone! Razz She's always getting hit with things from other people. Didn't she also get hit in the eye with a fan's bracelet a few years back? Razz
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:00 pm

I saw this! I doesn't look like it hits her,but rather flies across the front of her face.
At least she came back and performed at the end of the song.
Back to top Go down
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 pm

According to a recent interview with Valkyrian Music, Isaac said that the band have 10 new songs completed with basic structures. Possible late 2014 album?
Back to top Go down
Darth
Feint
Feint
Darth

Male
Number of posts : 527
Your Favourite Femme Metal Band : The Agonist
Theatre des Vampires
Tristania
Member Points :

Registration date : 2013-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Not really a "band" related news, but hey ! It' Simone Simons birthday !
She's turning 28 today. So happy birthday to her.
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/Darth
Lady Draconian
Pale Enchantress
Pale Enchantress
Lady Draconian

Female
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Happy birthday Simone.
Back to top Go down
Will
Member Of The Year
Member Of The Year
Will

Male
Member Points :

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:01 am

Happy birthday, Simone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epica news   Epica news - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epica news
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next